LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Entertainment system problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 08:35 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Entertainment system problems

Has anyone else had problems with the new stereo/nav/entertainment system in the 2012? (The system is brand new for 2012 so if you have an earlier LR4 this doesn't relate to those systems.)

This is my second and I've had the same problems. Slow, slow, slow system startup. MAJOR delay when switching channels or changing songs. Numerous times where the system just would not work at all (blank screen or frozen screen) upon startup.

Dealer "hard reset" mine last week (650 miles) and got in this morning and system was dead. The old system (2010-11), while not visually stimulating was ROCK SOLID and fast. Ugh, I wish they wouldn't have changed it.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

So you have 2 of these '2012 LR4's with identical issues?
What is it accessory wise that you are using when this happens. phone, ipod, bluetooth, nav, anything in particular? The 2012 system is the Meridian system like the Evoque has..

Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mfullmer
Has anyone else had problems with the new stereo/nav/entertainment system in the 2012? (The system is brand new for 2012 so if you have an earlier LR4 this doesn't relate to those systems.)

This is my second and I've had the same problems. Slow, slow, slow system startup. MAJOR delay when switching channels or changing songs. Numerous times where the system just would not work at all (blank screen or frozen screen) upon startup.

Dealer "hard reset" mine last week (650 miles) and got in this morning and system was dead. The old system (2010-11), while not visually stimulating was ROCK SOLID and fast. Ugh, I wish they wouldn't have changed it.
You should have a warranty! I would take it back! Can you get a BRAND new one??
Originally Posted by threalassmikeg
So you have 2 of these '2012 LR4's with identical issues?
What is it accessory wise that you are using when this happens. phone, ipod, bluetooth, nav, anything in particular? The 2012 system is the Meridian system like the Evoque has..
Could you use the 10-11 system in the 2012 LR4?

Old 07-07-2012, 10:35 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by oilspotLR
You should have a warranty! I would take it back! Can you get a BRAND new one??

Could you use the 10-11 system in the 2012 LR4?
Of course there is a warranty, it is a new vehicle. Just because someone asks about something in a forum doesn't mean it hasn't been to the dealer for the problem. My whole reason for using this forum is to see if any other '12 LR4 owners have this problem.

This is my second 2012 (first one didn't have the vision assist package) and they both had this lag. It happens during the Satellite Stereo play and iPod player play. It also has a long delay for turning on the rear camera when in reverse. I just got it back from the dealer yesterday and they ended up doing a software upgrade suggested by the factory. So far so good.

I wish putting the '10-'11 system in was possible. Loved my '10. It's a totally new architecture and wiring harness so no, it's not possible.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mfullmer
Of course there is a warranty, it is a new vehicle. Just because someone asks about something in a forum doesn't mean it hasn't been to the dealer for the problem. My whole reason for using this forum is to see if any other '12 LR4 owners have this problem.

This is my second 2012 (first one didn't have the vision assist package) and they both had this lag. It happens during the Satellite Stereo play and iPod player play. It also has a long delay for turning on the rear camera when in reverse. I just got it back from the dealer yesterday and they ended up doing a software upgrade suggested by the factory. So far so good.

I wish putting the '10-'11 system in was possible. Loved my '10. It's a totally new architecture and wiring harness so no, it's not possible.
Just because someone says what they would do doesn't mean you have to do it. That sucks you can't put a 2010 version in.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:06 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Lets hope thats the fix and you are happy with the new style system now

Old 07-08-2012, 10:13 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by oilspotLR
Just because someone says what they would do doesn't mean you have to do it. That sucks you can't put a 2010 version in.
I don't understand what you mean. What did you say to do? I ordered this latest one from the factory and waited 3 months for it. What would getting another brand new vehicle do to help? My first '12 (purchased new from dealer but off the lot) had the same problem and the two loaners I've had also had the problem.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:15 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by threalassmikeg
Lets hope thats the fix and you are happy with the new style system now
Well the latest thing it was doing it just being totally dead when I'd start the vehicle, at least every other day. I hope what they did fixed that problem but the delay/lag is still there. I drove it home from the dealership then picked up my other car and drove to the airport so I haven't had the chance to live with it yet to see if dies again. Hopefully that part is fixed. That was really annoying.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:12 PM
7th Gear

No problems with my 2012.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:22 AM
Overlanding

Dear Friend, I Have Same Problem In My Car. I Also Tried To Fix With My Car Technician But He Fail To Do It. Fortunately I Have Computer Programmer Friend. I Tell Him About My Problem And He Helps Me To Fix It. He Downloads Free Automotive Repair Software Form Some Web Sits And Installs It To His Laptop. Then Connect It To My Car And Fix The Problem. I Think This Software Will Help You.

Quick Reply: 2012 Entertainment system problems