LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR4 in our Future

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 12:14 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope. IMO get the V8 which means 2013 or older.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:12 AM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cybercop
Found a 2011 Indus Silver with 27k miles on it. It looks to not even have a scratch or rock nick on it. According to the sales staff, it the interior is flawless.

Issue is, it is in Canton, OH. Does anyone know a Indy shop in Canton, OH that I could get to inspect the truck?

Any reason why I wouldn't want to get a 2011 versus a 2013?

Thanks
I have an 11' great vehicle except the Infotainment system in a 13' is significantly better. My biggest issue with the truck is the entertainment software.
Can't stream music through bluetooth, the nav is very clunky and slow, the SAT/HD radio is subpar compared with other models of the same year.

I would do with a 13' if I had to do it all over again.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:31 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguardoc504
I have an 11' great vehicle except the Infotainment system in a 13' is significantly better. My biggest issue with the truck is the entertainment software.
Can't stream music through bluetooth, the nav is very clunky and slow, the SAT/HD radio is subpar compared with other models of the same year.

I would do with a 13' if I had to do it all over again.
Fair enough. I never use the nav anymore in my 2010 as the phone is so much better. For music I am a little old fashioned and have an old style ipod hooked up permanently in the centre console. Sat radio in Western Canada is hit and miss anyhow with the low angle and the mountains so I don't miss it.

I also listen to CDs. The system sounds incredible with CDs. Worth the effort of opening a case IMO.

I would rather have the extra HP/TQ over bluetooth for the radio. But that is just me..

Old 10-26-2016, 11:24 AM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ktm_525
Fair enough. I never use the nav anymore in my 2010 as the phone is so much better. For music I am a little old fashioned and have an old style ipod hooked up permanently in the centre console. Sat radio in Western Canada is hit and miss anyhow with the low angle and the mountains so I don't miss it.

I also listen to CDs. The system sounds incredible with CDs. Worth the effort of opening a case IMO.

I would rather have the extra HP/TQ over bluetooth for the radio. But that is just me..
I have had some extended time in a LR4 SCV6, and while i'm a purist and want my V8.
With the transmission, and instant power the V6SC is not a big compromise, some would not even notice. THe numbers do not tell the true story.
If I had to do it again i would go with a 13', you get the V8, and the better infotainment system. I get what you are saying about CD's, but the audio system in the Land Rovers are not what they could be, too much NVH from the door panels. So to me, I'll rely on my home system for purity, and my Land Rover for... Rovering ease of use is everything.
Even the iPod interface is suspect. My wife's iPhone maybe works 60% of the time, the rest of the time I get some unknown error.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for all the replies and help.

got very lucky. A '13 got traded in at a Buick dealership about 2.5 hours from me. I told the guy to take pics of any dents or scratches and anything in the interior he thanks I need to know about before I drove that far.

to my surprise, the truck had an interior I didn't even know existed. Arabica brown extended Windsor leather.

Got the guy to quote me a price before I drove out.

when I got there, this truck didn't even have any road rash on the rims and on 29k miles.

every possible option.

basically the truck my wife would have special ordered if buying new in 2013.

told the guy to start writing it up, then they tried to raise the price because the manager heard how much he quoted me and said that was to low.

finally got them to honor the price and ran out of there with it.

thanks again for all the help.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Congrats. Let's see pictures
And what was the great price??