LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New LR4 prices with 2017 Discovery coming out

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 01:02 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LR4 prices with 2017 Discovery coming out

I have a history of purchasing the last model year of a vehicle when it is being discontinued and a new design is being released ('12 Chevy Silverado and '14 Ford F150). The theory being (1) most of the kinks have been worked out, (2) new model means new problems, and (3) mostly because of the significant price cut from dealers trying to clear out "old" style inventory. I currently own a '14 Ford F150 King Ranch and '04 Land Rover Discovery II but I'm pretty much in love with the newer LR4's. There's something about that boxy stair-stepped roof safari-look of the Discovery/LR3/LR4 that I love.

So my conundrum right now is (1) should I trade in both my F150 and the Discovery and get a lightly used '15 LR4 or (2) wait a year until the 2017 Discovery is being released and the dealerships start cutting prices on the 2016 LR4 inventory?

In your past experience, how much would Land Rover likely start discounting the LR4's to try in get rid of them? I'm seeing online they seem to be $60-68K range new.... where do you think they end up in a year?

To add to the mix, I'm dead set on replicating my Discovery II look and going with the Aintree Green exterior with Almond interior. I believe they've stopped making majority of the '16 year in Green which makes it harder to find and I might have to go with a '15 anyways.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Cheers

Old 11-14-2016, 01:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Personally I'd wait a year then look for a used 2014/2015 LR4 from the many people who will be trading for the new version. I suspect used prices will take a hit when a volume of people look to shift and that could make a nearly new LR4 a real steal!

My dealer says US release is likely next July so given ramp times and delays I'd be surprised if the dealers discount the current LR4 anytime soon

Old 11-15-2016, 12:40 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Good grief I have no idea what the OP should do but this thread caused me to watch a promotional video on the 2017 version and, wow. The features! A wrist band to open it? A phone app to adjust the seating before you get there? Hidden compartments? A foot sensor to open the back with your hands full? A drop "event seat" ?!?! Amazing!

But if you like the stepped roof or think Kia SUVs are ugly then I can see why you'd want to hoard an earlier model for sure.

Looks like a lot of stuff the break/quit working.

I'd hang on to the King Ranch another year. People who got the 15 and 16 models knew something else was coming so they probably planned to keep for a year or two, and isn't the Defender replacement due out soon with the new design DNA? Give it another year and people will he abandoning their 2015's on the side of the road.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:19 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Charlie_V
Good grief I have no idea what the OP should do but this thread caused me to watch a promotional video on the 2017 version and, wow. The features! A wrist band to open it? A phone app to adjust the seating before you get there? Hidden compartments? A foot sensor to open the back with your hands full? A drop "event seat" ?!?! Amazing!

This cracked me up. And then it made me go watch the 2017 promotional video too. Pretty sweet ride.

Think I'll go as you guys suggested and hang on to what I got now. Dropping the Discovery off at the shop this afternoon for some minor things and then having them replace the coils & shocks and slap on some new tires and going to go get it dirty!

Old 09-27-2017, 09:09 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

As someone who is actively looking for a CPO LR4, the market prices did the exact opposite; they went up.

They went up a lot.

I'm finding 2013 and 2014 non-LUX HSE's approaching $55k in some areas, which was not the case when I was casually looking about a year ago. Some of the prices I'm seeing are downright astonishing.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:36 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Racer X
As someone who is actively looking for a CPO LR4, the market prices did the exact opposite; they went up.

They went up a lot.

I'm finding 2013 and 2014 non-LUX HSE's approaching $55k in some areas, which was not the case when I was casually looking about a year ago. Some of the prices I'm seeing are downright astonishing.
I'm finding the exact same thing. I just created a thread fairly similar, but wondering about the extreme pricing variances based on miles. It looks like my situation is actually better than that. I was complaining about a 2013 with 33k miles costing $42,000. Yikes!

Old 09-27-2017, 02:40 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

I would be careful about overindexing on what they are listed at. LR dealers often list high. You can get stats on what they are actually selling for - that would be interesting to see