Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Wiring Harness

Old 01-03-2017, 01:33 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Harness

Has anyone stripped the wiring harness out of their rover? Mine is all rigged up, the ignition doesnt work. My goal is to take the power windows out and put manual windows in. I'd also want to take out powered seats. I really just want the wires that I absolutely need, such as lights, Id enjoy my radio working as well. Anyone have any advice to give?

Old 01-03-2017, 01:58 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 183 Likes on 157 Posts

I pulled the engine harness and re-loomed everything in new tape and conduit. Quite a bear of a job. The wires for the interior accessories will be in different wiring harnesses - not the engine harness. They will be tucked into the door panels, behind the dash, etc.

Honestly I don't recommend pulling any of those wires out. I don't really see the point. Sure, go ahead and gut the window motors, power seat relays, fuses, etc, but I suggest to leave the wiring alone.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Blake
I pulled the engine harness and re-loomed everything in new tape and conduit. Quite a bear of a job. The wires for the interior accessories will be in different wiring harnesses - not the engine harness. They will be tucked into the door panels, behind the dash, etc.

Honestly I don't recommend pulling any of those wires out. I don't really see the point. Sure, go ahead and gut the window motors, power seat relays, fuses, etc, but I suggest to leave the wiring alone.
I was just wondering, I have all these wires, and not sure what they go to, so I havent messed with any. Id want to look in to it more first. Ill try to geet some pictures so I can show you better. Im glad to find out that the wiring is different. I just want as much wiring taken out as possible so I dont have it hanging everywhere