Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Finally Installed a Heated Steering Wheel In My 2008 LR3 HSE

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 09:36 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Finally Installed a Heated Steering Wheel In My 2008 LR3 HSE

I finally did it! I successfully modified and installed a heated steering wheel into my 2008 LR3 HSE! This project took several weeks to do in total. Had to wait for several needed parts to arrive from Roverparts (eBay). By no means was this a cheap modification. But it was a lot of fun to do and is so worth it in my opinion.

I love my LR3 and since buying it in 2008, my only gripe about it was that it didn't come with a heated wheel. I always felt that adding a heated wheel would be simple. After all, the 2009 RRS came with it as an option and the wheel is identical to my LR3.

In addition to the heated steering wheel, I found out that I needed several more parts to make the heating wheel function to work such as the switch, clockspring, ECU and wire harnesses and connectors (which came with the ECU and steering wheel).

I also was able to get some instructional feedback from Disco3.co.uk under the LR4, in-car electronics section. I am thankful to several posters on that site who helped guide me throughout this ordeal.

Since I am only allowed 4 pictures to post here, I included a link to my photobucket album where I have more pics of this modification.

http://s753.photobucket.com/albums/x...eel%20Project/

My hands are now TOASTY, TOASTY, TOASTY!

Some pics below:

New clockspring (Note the 12 volt connector for the heated wheel at the 12 o'clock position)

[IMG][/IMG]

12 volt source connected into the side port of the new clockspring

[IMG][/IMG]

Heated wheel ECU which controls heating for the wheel

[IMG][/IMG]

All warm and toasty! NOTE the illuminated "on" indicator on the switch

[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers!

Vinny

Old 04-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 129 Likes on 118 Posts

Boom necroposted. Whoever was looking for advice on heated wheel this was the thread I read way back.