Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Toddco suspension: are they still in business?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 09:53 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Toddco suspension: are they still in business?

I was wondering if anyone has done business with Toddco. The website has a LR3 lift for air ride vehicles with no way to buy online. I have sent email and left phone messages with questions on how to buy and availability and received no response. It has been 3 weeks and I cant understand the business practice. At this point I dont know how confident to be in the products they offer. Has anyone purchased this lift or dealt with anyone from this company. I would think in a niche market like after-market land rover parts, customer service would be King. I am not here to bash them, I would like to do business with them. Any information would be great. Thanks.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:54 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I bought my lift for my discovery through him a couple months ago and have nothing but good things to say about him or his products. Id say maybe give them another call.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:05 AM
4wd Low

Thanks for the input. The products look well built and are fair priced. I was hoping they were still around. It is not easy finding good parts for my LR3 and I need to know who to send all my money to. Thanks, Eric.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:38 PM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts
Default LR3 lift kit -

1961 Lincoln - If you are looking for a LR3 lift try johnsonrods.com. I make the best rod mod on the market for $125. It will give you a 2.5 inch lift in all modes. Easy to install. Check out the website
Johnson Rods

Last edited by Johnson Rods; 02-12-2022 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:24 AM
4wd Low

Thanks for the rod mod info. I am looking for the bag spacer lift. I modified my rods for about 3 months and had to have two bags replaced in that time. It may have nothing to do with the mod but driving with the bags raised is not the ride quality I want on road. With spacers I can keep the ride hight for tire clearance and use the rods when going off road. Thanks again for your information.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

The other side of the coin says, you don't know what or who made what you are buying. I like a lot of Todd's stuff, but when it comes to coils, not all coils are the same and or what you may need or want.
Don't buy just cause they are cheap.
Most coils, like RTE and OME come in at least 4 different ratings to meet your specific needs, not one rating that may not be what you really want.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:42 AM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts
Default LR3 lift

1961 Lincoln - Not sure what happend to your bags. I found the ride with my rods to be quite good. I believe Toddco is still in business. If you know anyone looking for rods don't let them over pay. Mine are quality and I provide a three year warranty on all parts. Thanks - Greg

Old 02-04-2010, 10:05 AM
4wd Low

Hey guys, Thanks for all your input and info. My goal was to put King coil-overs on my LR3. I was told by RoverTech a company in scottsdale Az. that there is no way to remove the air ride without it faulting the ignition and computer. My thought then was to remove the bags, lock the sensors in place, cap off the air lines and use the tank and compressor for tire inflation and utility needs. I am also working on a full suspension lift with new control arms. 4" up and 1.5 out. This project is going to take some time due to the amount of engineering involved with safely replacing OEM parts on a vehicle of this weight. My engineer has not had time to work on it lately, as well my days are far to short. My daily driver was totaled due to fire so the LR3 is used often now, thus the need for Toddco to get me off road. I enjoy helping out the jeeps that get stuck. Thank you once again, Eric. PS: The bags were covered by warranty. One was torn, the other had some kind of faulty valve. This was not a big deal as I was not off-road. When a bag completely fails it dumps them all, not good if off-road.

Last edited by 1961 Lincoln; 02-04-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:16 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Same boat

I placed an order a couple weeks ago and I have not heard a thing. I sent an email. Does anyone have a phone number?

Old 04-09-2015, 09:47 AM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

256-244-5640 don't know how current. But since we are raising the dead >> https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...t-28853/page2/

Quick Reply: Toddco suspension: are they still in business?