New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

EGR blank

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 08:40 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EGR blank

hi, new member, guess this has been asked before so sorry if its a repeat. i have a disco 2 and i am wondering if i should fit a EGR blank kit? if i do will it effect it at MOT time?

Old 03-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

What is a EGR blank kit? And what does MOT stand for? And...this would let us help determine, if there is any affect. You may want to post this question in the Discovery ll section of the forum.

Welcome to the board.

Brian.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:37 AM
2nd Gear
Default now I'm confused.......

you are asking what a EGR blanking kit is???? also you don't know what a MOT is????
EGR.....exhaust gas recirculating
MOT.....ministry of transport
i must admit i am stunned, being on a vehicle forum and you don't know what a MOT is?????
as for explaining what these are this is a site to help other land rover owners, i can only suggest you have a look on your own site as there are numerous threads regarding EGR etc and as for MOT every vehicle over 3 years old has to have one and as most land rovers on here are over 3 years old then almost everyone on here has got a MOT certificate on there cars.
as for putting it on the disco 2 part......most land rover engines have the same EGR. as i know of from discovery 200 up to date also most defenders and range rovers are the same.
hope this helps you

Old 03-09-2017, 04:17 PM
Drifting

We dont have MOT here in the USA...i am stunned you didn't know that...We do however call it emissions testing... Also yes, if you delete your egr valve it will throw check engine lights, more than likely resulting in a bad time at your MOT testing

Last edited by mikenac; 03-09-2017 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:04 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by bluediscovery
you are asking what a EGR blanking kit is???? also you don't know what a MOT is????
EGR.....exhaust gas recirculating
MOT.....ministry of transport
i must admit i am stunned, being on a vehicle forum and you don't know what a MOT is?????
as for explaining what these are this is a site to help other land rover owners, i can only suggest you have a look on your own site as there are numerous threads regarding EGR etc and as for MOT every vehicle over 3 years old has to have one and as most land rovers on here are over 3 years old then almost everyone on here has got a MOT certificate on there cars.
as for putting it on the disco 2 part......most land rover engines have the same EGR. as i know of from discovery 200 up to date also most defenders and range rovers are the same.
hope this helps you
And this is a prime example of WHY you should put your location.

WE have no MOT here and MY Discovery has no EGR. It HAS a SAI system (Secondary Air Injection)..and we HAVE a DOT (Department of Transportation). On vehicles over here that have an EGR system and we want to remove it...it's called an EGR delete. I'm stunned you didn't know this...and make provisions in your post to accommodate those of us here in the states...also, this is the Welcome section of the forum...not the technical...hope this helps you.

Good day,

Brian.

Last edited by The Deputy; 03-09-2017 at 07:58 PM.