New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hello from the U.P. of Michigan

Old 03-26-2017, 02:24 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from the U.P. of Michigan

hello everyone my name is Lucas i am 38 years old i live in the U.P. of Michigan i have always been a jeep guy i have owned multiple lifted xj Cherokees a lifted TJ Wrangler and a lifted Commander i was recently looking to buy a jeep grand cherokee and came across a nice 04 land rover se i have always loved the look of the discovery so i bought it and so far i am loving my new rover it has 129,000 miles no rust very nice interior and the center locking diff i talked the guy down to $3,300 how do you think i did at that price here are some pics of my new rover thanks i am exited to be part of the land rover family

Old 03-27-2017, 11:59 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Cool...another Michigander. It's official...we have enough discovery owners to start a club...lol.

Nice looking rig. Imagine you are going to do a build with it? Where are you in the yoop?

I'm down here by Capac/Imlay City. Time to at least put a trail ride together somewhere in the upper lower.

Brian.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:21 PM
4wd Low

hello i am in manistique pretty much the middle of the U.P. right on lake michigan! Am i the only yooper on this forum? so the plan is an overland camping adventure rig so 2 to 4 inch lift prob. 33's and im gonna go from there. i would really like to go check out Drummond island sometime!

Old 03-28-2017, 03:42 AM
Camel Trophy

A quick search showed about six or seven (recently active) Michigan owners, and one was from the Soo. I'm sure there are more, I only went through a couple pages of the search. Folks seem to come here, ask a couple questions and move on. I know Manistique/Rapid River area pretty good, bird hunted just north of there a few years back. Been a few years since I've been to Drummond, but it seems like I remember decent trails there.

When you're ready to do some wheeling, let me know. I'm long over due for a road trip north. Put some 265/75 M/T's on the girl and they need testing. Hopefully, I'll have a winch soon...to somewhat complete the package.

Good luck, with your build. Start a thread documenting its progression. If you are planning on a true 33 tire, four inch lift would probably be the ticket, especially if you going to add much more weight to the rover.

Brian.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:45 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

For $3300 and it runs not bad. There is a reason you got it for that, keep that in mind for later on...... What owner are you and do you have any history of repairs on it? Read the DII forum as much as you can, get familiar with the usual faults of the DII. I suggest downloading the Service Manual called the "Rave". Just Google it, it's a free and 590mb. What oil are you running, I suggest a synthetic just because of how cold it is at night, synthetics for the transfer case and both diffs. As of now I don't have a Rover but I plan on buying another this spring to work on over the summer for next winter. Out of ten years here in Traverse I've owned a Rover for almost nine of them, live a little off the beaten path on a lake and prefer to spend my free time right here....... but I can be arm twisted. My next Rover will be a Range Rover (I have two on the hook right now) so depending on the condition I may not want to put pinstripes on it right off. One Rangie is a Callaway and they're rare enough (220) to keep them all together in one piece.

Enjoy your Rover, far better ride than a Heep.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:30 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Folks seem to come here, ask a couple questions and move on.

See...you proved my point...lol.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:57 PM
4wd Low

proved what point? im still here just busy working and i dont have a smart phone just a computor so im only able to get on here so much

Old 03-30-2017, 04:23 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by ldenney
proved what point? im still here just busy working and i dont have a smart phone just a computor so im only able to get on here so much
Just joking around.