New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Paid for an oil change that wasn't done

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paid for an oil change that wasn't done

Went to my closest Rover dealer (90 miles) a few weeks back for an oil change. 5 hours later, picked up our LR4 andpaid $150 for the service. Wife made a comment how the charged us $3 for washerfluid that we usually buy at half that. 3 miles from the dealership my "low washerfluid" warning came on. We just laughed, it didn't suprise us. Next day, while filling the washerfluid, I decided to check the filter cap and clean up any spilt oil. The cap looked as if it wasn't touched. Pulled cap off to find the old filter that I had put on 8 monthes ago (I etch the miles in the end cap). I then took a sample of oil, dirty! I called the dealership the next day and re-told the the god certified LR tech changed the oil. I had to email a bunch of pics of my filter and oil. I called to confirm they had received my pics the next day, they did and was told they would call back. 3 days later I called again and was given the same story. Now 2 weeks later I have put a dispute case in with the credit card company.

Can anyone top that dealer story?

Old 01-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Sorry you had the problem, glad you can dispute. Pretty cut and dried. Post pix on here and keep us updated how it works out. They probably changed the oil in another truck twice, porter moved wrong trucks around, etc.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:30 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that is definitely not cool and quite a rip-off for an oil change if you ask me. But, then again, dealerships are always rip-offs. We've changed oil on numerous cars at our shop before, even some diesels which hold alot more oil than regular gas powered vehicles and we have never even come close to charging $150!! We top off washer fluid for free too lol and wouldn't charge to do it without asking the customer first!! Sounds pretty shady to me!