Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Lr3 Chip?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lr3 Chip?

has anyone put one of thise performance chips in you see on ebay and all over the internet
if so whuich one and what kind of gains did you get?

Old 01-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Lr3 Chip?

They are total CRAP, don't waist your money. If you want to chip your truck look into the chip company that is advertised on Rover Connection.
Just iout of curiosty, why do you feel you need to go to a chip?

Old 01-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

out of my experience working on tuning mustangs, chips/programmers are really only worth it if you have extensive modifications

for example,

2003 Cobra, 2.3L Whipple, 18psi boost, off road x pipe, CAI, and a SCT XCal2 will make a lot of power, compared to a 2003 Cobra, 2.3L Whipple, 18psi boost, off road x pipe, CAI with no tune that runs like ****.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am fairly happy with the power of my lr3. i just was wanting to know if anyone had tried one and if it had worked. the price was looking to good to be true. also you can always use a more power.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Mudding

They are not all "total crap", that is total crap. The only known legitimate chip for Land Rovers is not totally effective because how often do you find yourself revving over 4500 rpm? Once in my DII. It isn't total crap, it just is not designed for more power and efficiency in the everyday power band.

To lump all chips into a "crap" category is absurd and shows you know little about other makes. I have a 98' M3 and the additional hp and tq at the higher revs makes a noticeable difference in power, especially when on the track. There are thousands of people with the same experience in their respective make of car.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:43 AM
2nd Gear

I'm looking to boost my HP and torque as well... I have a 2008 LR3 HSE. Why Chip? I chipped my A6 2.7T (but that has a turbo and turbos benefit about 35% by a good Chip tuner... NON-turbos only get about 8-10% increase in HP) I need more power bx I live at 11,300 ft... and gas engines lose 3% per 1,000 ft... ergo I'm losing 33% in power. Does anyone know about adding a supercharder to the LR3? Anything to force cool air into an engine at this altitude will help! Thanks guys.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Neither of the last 2 posts have anything to do with Rovers.
At best, you can send in you ECU, have it rechiped for $500 plus and be assured that you will burn more gas whenever you even think of pushing it.
After years of having companies try and boost performance without paying more at the pump, it has been proven it doesn't work, hench these $10 chips, are as I have already mentioned, total crap, like it or not.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Drifting

Ok I'm sold! Guess I'm not putting a $20 chip in my 98 disco. Mike has helped me fix multiple problems, good idea to listen to him

Old 01-25-2020, 11:05 AM
Default Tuner needed to accommodate high flow air intake

Originally Posted by kayaku
Ok I'm sold! Guess I'm not putting a $20 chip in my 98 disco. Mike has helped me fix multiple problems, good idea to listen to him
Please don’t cringe but I put a high flow air intake on a 2005 LR 3 US model with the 4.4 V8. I know I won’t be able to ford deep streams anymore but at this point I don’t intend to do that without swapping air boxes. Now that I put it on it barely runs so I am back to stock. Too bad the programmers, I mean people who designed the OEM ECU firmware are not more flexible on their inputs such as increased air in their calculations.

I am looking for tuner products to help, I tried ChipYourCar” which worked really well for a little bit and then left me nearly stranded. I went back and forth on which one to try and was pleasantly surprised with installation on a warm engine. It even started and idled great the next morning at 40 degrees F but on the way to work started throwing codes and would not idle. I will talk to support today, if they respond!!!

Old 01-25-2020, 10:18 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 710 Likes on 598 Posts

And what else did you do besides the intake? Cause if that is all you did, please put it back to stock and leave it that way.

Quick Reply: Lr3 Chip?