Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Reliable 600hp combo

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 06:25 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I encourage it! Do it!

Old 10-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoVan
This is my whole point, this is why i said reliable 600hp combo, i know the diffs, transfer and gearbox wont take 600hp, lol, im not a idiot and i dont like to be treated like a laughing joke.

Im not afraid to stray from the pack of sheep and take on challanges to build what is suited for my personal driving style and abuse, yes i am extreme and this what i like, extreme tuff cars and trucks.

I have been building highly modified vechiels for 20yrs, from tubbed full chassis drag cars to buggies, this is my passion, i have mates who also do this, this what the whole spirit is half about,, beer, mates and cars.

With that said "Folks", is this how you treat all new members? Pfff ... really!

Anyway, lets move on.

This might be a cheaper option, lol ... ;@)

Land Rover Nemesis stories - Jalopnik
If you don't want to be treated like another idiot then start your thread with better information like you started to with this reply.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buddy, i was clearly affended by your pre-assumtions of who i am and what im capable of, i dont and shouldnt have to tell you my life story in 1 post before i get respect.

I simply started this thread, Reliable 600hp combo for this reason, for others to input there ideas, experience and maybe what or how they might go about it, simple as that!

Im not here to argue with u, but at the same time i feel u had no write to mock me, expescially as a new memeber, i was looking forward to supply good content and info to this forum over time.

If u have something to say OR share, then i have nothing to hide, so here isx your PM to me to explain my post back here. So i quote below...

So why don't you tell me about your Rover experience as well as you years of wheeling experience. ( Do u want that in 1 post )
Doubt there is much there. ( once again u presume )
That being said, mouth off at me on line again and I will delete you of my forum, if you doubt me let me know and you will be deleted tonight.
( is that a threat?
)

Buddy im over it, with that said, do what u want!

Old 10-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

If you don't want to get slammed by me or anyone else then don't set yourself up by posting such an open ended thread with out a lot more information.
When I want to warn some one, I do it per a PM instead of air things on line.
Here again, if you don't like the way you have been responded to please fell free to go elsewhere.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:24 AM
Overlanding

Ok, not a prob, im over it, i admit, i probally did fire up a little bit hard! Maybe to much compression in my cyld, hehee

Old 10-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you build it, they will come...

Old 10-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by calebbo
If you build it, they will come...
True that : ),

I havent ordered my running gear as yet, planning and research has always been the key in my own experience, so i want to get this close a possible of the bat.

Either way CAPA are happy to provide the complete set up and recomendations on the engine spec based on the hp im chasing, so this is covered, my main concern is the most efficent motor to build around and best for my buck.

Im intrested to find out weather the bmw4.4 fits into the old disco, with overhead cams means we can make much more smoother power across the whole rev range, soon as i decide on this i hope to have the project done over the next 6-8mths, my budget is 25k for the running gear, so if plan right i should be ok.

I have recieved a complete motec ingintion system, 2ltre surge tank with twin bosch 044 pumps & earl braided lines for safe fuel transfer.

We are also in the midddle of the rear floor again, we are putting dual fuel cells, 1 for premium fuel and 1 for e85, on my motect system we can make multi tunes for each fuel, e85 having the advantage of higher octane rating for more boost without grenading, also i think E85 will become allot more popular in the near future, if E85 turns out good and and becomes more avaliable then i will most likely just use both tanks for E85, but its good to have the my options open, ,if i want go really sik i can always put in c16

Ive start some research into the LR diffs, i have been told and read there based on the GM salisbury and banjo dffs, aftermarket performance parts for this are very cheap and strong, so i will measure up to see whats interchangable, this will be very interesting.

Thanks for your support

Last edited by DiscoVan; 10-25-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:50 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

when working take a lot of pics, I want to see what you are up too :-)

Old 03-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Should be interesting!

Old 03-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally someone here with first hand experience. Refreshing not hearing parroted opinions over and over and over and over and over and over and over...........

Quick Reply: Reliable 600hp combo