Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Hire of 4x4 and how much$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 06:50 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spring time in the Rockies...

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
it'll be in the spring time when it's not scorching down there.
Early spring is windy and wet and slushy and muddy. It is now midsummer and warm, but what is scorching - most of the State is above 2 000 M and the humidity is typically 40% in summer, so it cools off after sunset. May/June I believe is second best to October/November - the autumn colour and autumn air combination is my favourite.

I suggest the way up north must take you through the Utah Colorado canyon onto Moab, Utah.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by MonteroMan
Early spring is windy and wet and slushy and muddy. It is now midsummer and warm, but what is scorching - most of the State is above 2 000 M and the humidity is typically 40% in summer, so it cools off after sunset. May/June I believe is second best to October/November - the autumn colour and autumn air combination is my favourite.

I suggest the way up north must take you through the Utah Colorado canyon onto Moab, Utah.
To me scorching is 35-50C but looking at the average charts for the areas it never/rarely reaches that sort of temperature. So it seems California, Arizona and Nevada appear the hottest spots during the summer. Sooo, it looks like we'll venture over during the summer 2015 for a spot of 'touristy' trekking about and dust raising some offroad places. I like cool in the evening as it's refreshing an easier to sleep.

When I was in Alice Springs, Aus, during their summer the night time temps were around 30+C and 45+C during the day which was tiring day after day. Mind you, when I worked in the middle east 50C was a fairly normal daytime temp ................. and hot hot hot.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default M.E.

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Mind you, when I worked in the middle east 50C was a fairly normal daytime temp ................. and hot hot hot.
MMmm... remember the Negev desert in 1991 - 51 degrees by 11H00. Briefcase got so hot in a tent it you had trouble picking up and holding it. Min night temp at Ein Bokek where the sleeping quarters were was 33.