Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What are you guys listening to today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

and horns, from the speed demons.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by slabrat
It's a shame Warren Zevon was best know only for WW of London. He did many other great tunes as well.
agreed. love zevon, thumbs down on the werewolf.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Tonight it's Donna Summer's Masters at Work Remix - 'Last Dance' - got the groove on....

Old 01-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

white album, this morning.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:22 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Old 01-27-2014, 09:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by dusty1
white album, this morning.

Hey Dusty.. I couldn't find your old thread regarding your itunes and the 'Kardashians' but wanted to show you this: This is what I'm listening to... did you see the grammy's last night? Did I call it or what?

The Neighborhood rocked the house!

GRAMMY Awards Video - W.D.Y.W.F.M? - CBS.com

GRAMMY Awards Video - A Little Death - CBS.com

I am so in love with this band...

Last edited by KernowDiscovery; 01-28-2014 at 06:25 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

NAILED IT!!!!!

KernowDiscovery wrote on earlier, music related, thread..=
I know this thread is somewhat old but still active. Christmas present idea for your wife.. seriously. Get her the albums 'I'm sorry' and 'I love you' by The Neighborhood. You will not regret it. Good band. Wish I had tickets for their sold out shows in the UK. Emotional music. She'll love you for it. I particularly like 'sweater weather' (which is playing on the radio now), 'WDYWFM', and 'A Little Death'. Guess all three are on the 'I love you' album so if you're going to go for just one, that is the one I'd choose.. heck, you may find yourself liking it too and it would get that 'Kardashian crap' out of your head.

From their website:

'In early 2012 a mysterious band appeared online. The group, The Neighbourhood, revealed no biographical information, no photos and no backstory, offering only a moody track titled “Female Robbery.” Fans and the press were confounded, scouring the Internet for any information that might lead them to the identity of these musicians. Pieces of the puzzle, some reflecting reality and some not so much, began to emerge.
So who are The Neighbourhood? In essence, the group, which formed in August of 2011, is a collection of five friends who make music together. They’re headed by Rutherford, a 21-year-old singer who has dabbled in various genres, including hip-hop, before crafting the merge of sounds that categorizes The Neighbourhood’s style. Their debut EP was produced by Justyn Pilbrow, who brought Emile Haynie onboard to collaborate on “Female Robbery.” The EP, recorded at the end of last year, is composed of shadowy, emotional music with visuals to match. And it’s all part of the band’s master plan.
The evocative combination of rock instruments with R&B and hip-hop aesthetics seemed, in many ways, revelatory, a reimagining of sounds that seemed to make people clamor for more information with even greater fervor. In April, BBC Radio One DJ Zane Lowe, an early champion of the group, let it slip that The Neighbourhood was the handiwork of musician Jesse Rutherford, a resident of Newbury Park, CA. By early May, as the band unveiled a free, self-released EP titled I’m Sorry, it became understood that the identity of this young band was, ultimately, secondary to the music i

Old 01-28-2014, 06:28 AM
Recovery Vehicle

must have been all part of the band's 'master plan'. I'm going to have to add to my collection and get 'I'm sorry' now

Old 01-28-2014, 02:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today Bob Dylan "The Bootleg Series , Vols 1-3 Rare and unreleased. Just because it's cold here and it came up first in a pile of Cd's I found. Forgot how good this was.
Yesterday +2 on CSNY DEJA Vu & Daylight Again. It was a Long way home. Also caught some Dead on a local radio show. Only 40 mins to home today Maybe some Chet Baker to smooth out the day.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by slabrat
Today Bob Dylan "The Bootleg Series , Vols 1-3 Rare and unreleased. Just because it's cold here and it came up first in a pile of Cd's I found. Forgot how good this was.
Yesterday +2 on CSNY DEJA Vu & Daylight Again. It was a Long way home. Also caught some Dead on a local radio show. Only 40 mins to home today Maybe some Chet Baker to smooth out the day.
Hi Slabrat, magic, another Chet Baker fan , I'm also into CB and Dizzy Gillespie.

Big modern jazz fan - I used to play the horn in my teens and twenties, possibly thirties. Played a couple of times at Ronnie Scott's when his club was in Gerard Street in Soho, London. Stan Tracey was the resident quartet.

in his younger days.

Kick back and enjoy

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 01-28-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Quick Reply: What are you guys listening to today?