Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PARTING OUT: 1997 Discovery 1 LSE

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 02:49 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PARTING OUT: 1997 Discovery 1 LSE

This is a sharp looking green over tan Discovery HSE with 147k. I'm parting it because the engine is complete toast. Make an offer on anything you want, I'm looking to move this along quickly. PM me and I'll send my phone for calls/texts. I'm located just outside the Bay Area, CA and am a member of NorCal Land Rover club.

The exterior fenders and all 5 doors are in great shape (caveat, rear door has some.... interesting.....stickers).The hood could use a slight polish but has no dents or dings. The drivers seat has several seams that have come loose and need to be restitched, and only a slight crack halfway down the side of seat cushion. The passenger seat and rear seats are in good shape but need a cleaning.

With the exception of the ski slope, the wood is in great shape. The door panels are all very nice, although the drivers side shows some wear on the window sill and has a paint splotch on it. All lights and lenses are functional and clear without much weathering. HVAC system works well.

A few bonuses are few month old Interstate battery and a full set of pads and rotors with only about 15k on them. Lastly, I have a full set of 5 Boost wheels, including the factory original spare.

Note, this listing is also xposted on Defender Source and NorCal Land Rover Forums so I've quit keeping a list in the thread of items sold. Just shoot me a PM with your requests and I'll let you know. Most of the truck is still available at this point.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:32 AM
Mudding
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey, I really need steering linkages and power seat switches (if yours work). How much to ship to Morrison CO 80465?

Clarifying: I need the ball joints/tie rod ends from the entire steering setup. I'll take the complete rods if that's easier/cheaper.

Last edited by Kilby; 12-08-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kilby
Hey, I really need steering linkages and power seat switches (if yours work). How much to ship to Morrison CO 80465?

Clarifying: I need the ball joints/tie rod ends from the entire steering setup. I'll take the complete rods if that's easier/cheaper.
I'll test the switches with an ohmmeter tonight. The seats themselves don't work and I don't know if that's due to a fuse, faulty motor, or bum switch yet.

If I send you the complete drag link and track rod with the ball joints on each end, that is all you are looking for correct? Want to make sure I'm understanding your request.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Mudding
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by E36 Phantom
If I send you the complete drag link and track rod with the ball joints on each end, that is all you are looking for correct? Want to make sure I'm understanding your request.

If you don't mind pulling them apart, I just need the ball joints... all of them. But if it's not too expensive to pack and ship I'll take the whole tie rod and drag link assemblies. That'd be easier for you to pull I think, right? Just trying to minimize your level of effort.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Front Door cards?

Old 12-10-2015, 01:33 AM
Drifting

Shiftonthefly, you're second in line on door cards. I have someone on Defendersource who is currently 1st.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Drifting

Bump!

To the top! Have many good parts left. Almost everything in the engine bay is available. All 3 roof rack crossbars are available in good shape. Axle assemblies are available. Seats are available. Many interior bits are available. All body panels are available.

Note: I would avoid any moving engine parts or any parts of the cooling system due to the engine damage, and the power steering rack & pump are junk as well, unless you want to machine/rebuild any of these items.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:23 PM
Rock Crawling

Backseat center interior light setup?
Seat position switches?
Center radio console?

Old 02-16-2016, 02:21 PM
Drifting

Hi Keoni,

Sorry for late reply - I didn't get the usual thread reply notice. I have the first two but no radio console. I'll send you a PM tonight with total price shipped.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:19 PM
4wd High

Did this year have cruise contro? If so was it working/available?

Quick Reply: PARTING OUT: 1997 Discovery 1 LSE