General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 P38 RR 4.6 Turn on the ignition and she rises to the occasion!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 02:39 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 02 P38 RR 4.6 Turn on the ignition and she rises to the occasion!

To all that have their EAS in tact: Does your RR raise after you turn on the ignition? I have noticed this if she sits for a day or so. Is this common? Are my suspension air bags leaking air? Should I worry? or is this just another quirk? I know my bike tires need air when used infrequently. Is this the same principle? Looses are over time? Any explanation is always appreciated!

Old 08-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have recently replace all of my bags and lines so I know my system is good. My truck will raise slightly when I turn it on but if it is raising a lot you have a problem. Is one corner raising more that the others? That would definitely signal a problem. If it lowers to the bump stops then you have a potentially serious problem. Get a spray bottle with some soapy water and start spraying all the connections and the bags themselves. I think there is a couple of youtube videos out there that show you where to look.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Mudding

Mine does this as well. krazzz is right if the Rover is lowering all the way down overnight you have a problem. Mine needs to raise a little bit after sitting for a while but it usually has itself corrected in several seconds. I am sure my air bags are original.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My RR only rises a little bit. It does not drop to the bump stops thank goodness! All corners will raise evenly so it sounds like I"m ok. I will spray with soapy water, all the lines and all four bags and see it there is a big leak just to be on the safe side as was suggested. Thank you both for responding.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Rock Crawling

Sounds like you are probably ok. If it doesn't hit the bump stops and it raises quickly you should be fine. One other thing to check is how long your compressor runs when you start it up. It is located in the black box on the drivers side near the firewall. If you put your hand on it you will feel it running.