General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 hse instrument panel bulbs? heated seats/steering wheel issues and couple more ..?

Old 10-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 hse instrument panel bulbs? heated seats/steering wheel issues and couple more ..?

hey everyone, first off ill start with the instrument panel. on all of my last cars i had a habit of switching the dash bulbs out to a different color for that unique look. anyways, im curious on how many bulbs are on the back of the panel, and what type they are, im guessing 194 peanut bulbs? id just like to convert them to led to match my cars custom look and style. now unlike my last cars, i dont really feel like changin all the hvac bulbs to match, but i might sometime in the future, thats just a long process.

next issue is, out of no where my heated steering wheel wont work, as well as my drivers seat heated seat wont work either. the passenger and rear work fine, are they all ran of sperate fuses? i dont think its a fuse because i can push the steering wheel or seat button, it will turn on, but then is goes off in a couple of seconds. this leads me to believe its not a fuse, and its starting to get cold around here so the sooner i get it fixed the better because the cold leather on my bum in the morning isnt the most pleaseant feeling.

thanks for the help, thats all the questions i've had so far, i've just had so many iffy little issues with the car i dont want to crowd the forums withs a bunch of dumb questions, also, i searched the manual and forums for the bulb type and couldnt find any details on the 03 bmw hse, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:46 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you try the service or owners manual? There may not be a write up on it that is readily available. Someone else could chime in with more info, but you might just have to open the instrument cluster up by the seat of your pants (they usually are not that hard to get into). You may not know what type of bulb they are until you open it up. As for the heated seats.... Even though my knowledge about the L322 is limited, it sounds like it is shorting out, or detecting a malfunction, and then shutting off. I would check the fuses for the sake of it, couldn't hurt and would eliminate the possibility.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:14 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

deffinitely not a fuse, unless theres another that the seats tie into in the rear fuse box location, ill try looking around more tmmrw. its weird, the right front seat, and all the rear seats work fine, just my seat and it was random.