General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 p38 rangie

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 04:58 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 p38 rangie

HI,can somebody please help???
drivers door lock actuator was faulty so replaced with genuine part (£142)i fitted it myself and closed the door to test it worked properly! BIG MISTAKE! now vehicle is in super lock mode,engine disabled and everything else!!!! got eka code but will not work because actuator must not be fitted correctly? and now i cant get the actuator off because its immpossible to open door???technician came out and set up his magic computer but could not access the becm because its in lockout or shutdown mode(whatever) so more money wasted! im at the end of my tether and ready to call the scrap yard! please somebody help??????????????????

Old 09-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a way to unlock the becm and leave it unlocked. You can even disable all the engine locking BS they put on it, just need the right equipment. I believe you can do that kind of stuff with a rovacom. Did you disconnect the battery when installing the new window actuator?

Old 09-07-2010, 03:55 PM
6th Gear

hi thanks for reply,the problem i have is that when i replaced the door lock actuator i have somehow fitted it incorrectly? and now am unable to open the doors at all! apparently the computer believes the vehicle is being stolen due to the actuator being tamperred with? i have since broken in via the passenger door but cannot open the drivers door because it is superlocked. i am unable to enter the eka code because again the door lock actuator is not fitted right lol! i have tried the eka in the ignition but this is telling me to do it in the door manually as the key isnt syncronised aaagaggagggghhhhhhh??????4months and £500 on landrover techs with there hightech laptops later the only thing i have managed is to get the drivers door open! any offer would be considered for a very good looking skip

Old 09-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Pro Wrench

How did you manage to get the drivers door open and did you disconnect the battery while installing the actuator. Go through this website article, there is a lot to learn about the rover security system: http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdet...immobilization

Old 09-08-2010, 10:38 AM
6th Gear

hi,to get the door open i had to take the actuator apart from the inside which was very difficult! as the 3 screws fixing it to the door actually pass through the metal plate on the actuator...actuator is now in bits but im sure i can work it out? yes the battery was disconnected...is that a good or bad thing? thanks for your help! il take a look at the article you have posted now.thanks again

Old 09-08-2010, 04:09 PM
6th Gear

ok...i have the actuator and lock working perfect!!!!!!HOORAY!!! BUT.....i cannot synchronize key???? and the eka will not register???? no lights to say it reading the eka??? helpppppp plzzzz

Old 09-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Pro Wrench

Where are you entering the EKA access code (the door lock, the ignition)? Have you tried turning the key once to the lock position in the door while pressing the lock button on the remote and then to the unlock side while holding the unlock button? That syncs the key on mine anyways... The default EKA access code is 1515.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:02 AM
6th Gear

hi,yeah ive tried all the various ways for eka without success!! 1515 only works on certain models so i had to get the code from the local dealer,,it worked a few months ago but since i replaced the actuator nothing? key code lockout and all the other messages are there...its just completely ignoring my attempts at eka! are you sure you dont need a new range rover lol

Old 09-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Pro Wrench

You could keep trying new stuff everyday and may or may not get a different result. If I were in your situation. I would take the BECM out and send it to someone that can reprogram it/see if its bad and get rid of all the lockout non-sense so you won't have to worry about that crap ever again. From what I understand, once they reprogram the BECM, they can enable and disable certain features, AND best of all, unlock the BECM permanently so it won't overreact and lock you out!

are you sure you dont need a new range rover lol
I don't need a new rover, but I've been thinking about getting into a mark III. So far mine hasn't let me down.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:08 PM
6th Gear

to be honest i think that is the way to go,but may wait a while as im out of funds now...its been heartache ever since we bought it and we just want it running so we can get rid! thanks being so helpfull!! reguards dene