General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 p38

Old 02-12-2011, 08:11 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 p38

I just picked up a 95 P38 with 59K miles on her, garage kept and in great condition.

Is anyone aware of expedition parts still being made for them? I'd love to find a nice roof rack, lights, winch, & sliders.

Oh, does anyone have experience with oversized tires on a stock P38?

Thx!

Old 02-13-2011, 01:04 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on getting the Rover. There is not a lot being made for the P38 so finding expedition parts that are made specifically for it will be a little tough, they are out there but not very plentiful.

If you can wait about 2 months I will have an expedition rack in production for the P38. News on that to come.

In stock form you can squeeze a 32" tire under there which I think will be about a 275/70/18 but don't hold me to that. The truck is already underpowered and adding anything bigger is definitely going to need some re gearing to keep it drivable on the road.

Good Luck.

Last edited by handsome rob; 02-13-2011 at 01:04 AM. Reason: cant spell
Old 02-14-2011, 07:18 AM
Mudding

Congrat's on your purchase - that's low miles...Nice!!

Stuff like that is hard to find like Rob says particularily in North America, but there is a guy who will custom make sliders, winch bumpers, etc for you. PM me if you are interested.

Rob - Details on the rack please!!!

Old 02-14-2011, 08:46 AM
6th Gear

@rob:definitely interested in the rack! Not too worried about power off road, I have a 110 for crawling around, this will be more of a capable urban vehicle!
@chris x:definitely interested, pls forward...

Old 02-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Man where did you get a 110? I want one so bad but unwilling to part with the $60K+ to get one.

I have had the rack in testing for about the last year. Steel delivery comes at the end of this week for production and will be available in about 2 months after powder coating. I love the P38 and there is not much out there for accessories. My goal is to offer products for over landing that are reasonably priced and good quality. I will have a rear bumper/tire carrier with Fuel carriers available about that time as well. I will keep everyone updated, thanks for the interest.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:51 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by handsome rob
Man where did you get a 110? I want one so bad but unwilling to part with the $60K+ to get one.

I have had the rack in testing for about the last year. Steel delivery comes at the end of this week for production and will be available in about 2 months after powder coating. I love the P38 and there is not much out there for accessories. My goal is to offer products for over landing that are reasonably priced and good quality. I will have a rear bumper/tire carrier with Fuel carriers available about that time as well. I will keep everyone updated, thanks for the interest.
Awesome Rob - thanks for the info, can't wait to see what you come up with!

I agree about the 110 too, I have a line on one that needs basically a frame off restoration and I'll probably overpay just to get that!

bohnhead - sending you a PM.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:19 PM
6th Gear

Great, thanks guys!

I found the 110 on eBay, it's NAS #73, bought it from the original owner who was fanatical about it! It has Range Rover seats throughout, 7 Hella offroad lights, 300tdi, power welder, onboard air, ARB lockers, winch, rear heater, rear ac, cb, water mister, roof rack, aux fuel tank, etc.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by bohnhead
Great, thanks guys!

I found the 110 on eBay, it's NAS #73, bought it from the original owner who was fanatical about it! It has Range Rover seats throughout, 7 Hella offroad lights, 300tdi, power welder, onboard air, ARB lockers, winch, rear heater, rear ac, cb, water mister, roof rack, aux fuel tank, etc.
Lets see some pics!!

I found a project Rover that is making a RR Country frame into a fake 110. Considering I would drive it all over I have really thought about doing it. I found a really nice 110 a while ago in Las Vegas but they wanted $93K for it, obviously that is out of my price range.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:51 AM
6th Gear
Old 02-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I am so jealous. That looks incredible, I love the trailer too. That is a nice camping expedition rig. I will end up with one one day.

I used to live in England and that is where I got my love for Land Rovers. I used a 110 there and a 90 once, I miss it there sometimes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 95 p38