General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing Parking Lights - MKIII

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Parking Lights - MKIII

How do you change the parking lights in the MKIII? They seem impossible to reach. Any tips?

Old 10-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Changing Parking Lights - MKIII

Bump

Old 10-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The headlamp assembly must be removed. It is easy, remove the three screws for the grille, pull up then out on grille slowly, there is a sensor that must be disconnected on the back of the grille. Remove the two screws at the top-front of the headlamp assembly and then the screw on lower left or right side of the headlamp assembly(depending on which headlamp). Carefully pull the headlamp assy away from the vehicle, unplug the headlamp electrical connector, set the assembly on a bench, change bulb, and reverse removal for installation. MAKE SURE THE KEY IS OFF OR YOU WILL HAVE ANADAPTIVE FRONT LIGHTING FAULT SET.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:28 AM
Rock Crawling

ORIGINAL: tacomatech

The headlamp assembly must be removed. It is easy, remove the three screws for the grille, pull up then out on grille slowly, there is a sensor that must be disconnected on the back of the grille. Remove the two screws at the top-front of the headlamp assembly and then the screw on lower left or right side of the headlamp assembly(depending on which headlamp). Carefully pull the headlamp assy away from the vehicle, unplug the headlamp electrical connector, set the assembly on a bench, change bulb, and reverse removal for installation. MAKE SURE THE KEY IS OFF OR YOU WILL HAVE ANADAPTIVE FRONT LIGHTING FAULT SET.
Thanks so much for the reply tachomatech!!! I had no idea that I had to take these pieces off. It does sound easy enough. I might give this a whirl.

Can you replace the standard parking light bulbswith LED's? If so, do you know which ones will work?

Old 10-23-2008, 11:43 AM
8th Gear

[align=left]Hi
Can you guys tell me whats the bulb size for parking lights?can i get some that are more bright?
[/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 10-24-2008, 02:21 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About the LED's, I think you would have to locate a conversion kit of sorts and wouldn't really have much affect, as LED's need to be close to the lens and unshielded to have the LED look, other wise it will look like a regular light. The parking light bulb should be a 194 and you might be able to find something brighter at a Checker/Schucks/Kragen or Autozone or Pep Boys, but I can't say for certain that there is a brighter 194 available.