General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody in San Francisco area LOVE your Land Rover service center?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 02:31 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody in San Francisco area LOVE your Land Rover service center?

Yes, LOVE is a strong word for any relationship with someone you pay to work on your car... However, I am a new owner and don't have a relationship with any of the dealers or service centers and wanted to see if you guys/gals have any strong opinions, positive or negative about the shops around here. I've heard mixed opinions of BMC in San Francisco, Land Rover Marin, and Cole European in Walnut Creek.

Land Rover Fremont and Redwood City or San Jose, I know nothing about. I am in the East Bay and unfortunately we don't have any Land Rover specific shops in Oakland or Berkeley, that I am aware of, but I'd like to figure out where I'll be going when I have troubles. I have also heard good stuff about Roverland in San Francisco but I am not clear if they are fully authorized and all that...

Thanks for your thoughts and time. Otherwise, please consider this my introduction. I'm glad to be here, glad I found this forum and I hope eventually my experiences will be of some help to others on here.
Have a great weekend!

-Luke

Old 05-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Talk with Tony or Frank in Redwood City at Cerronies. Small family shop that is very active in the Rover community as well as the Northern California Land Rover club, they are fair in their pricing and do quality work.
Tell them Mike sent you, besides having worked on my Disco, I have been wheeling with them many times.
650-365-4145

Old 05-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Further in Dublin I like Khalers, they are not LR specific but are great at all Euopean makes and have the tools to do it.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:13 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

San Francisco, where independant prices are more than then dealer prices in the rest of the fifty states excluding NYC.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:42 AM
4wd Low

Hey Disco Mike,
Thanks for the Redwood City recommendation. I'll definitely keep them in mind when the time comes...

Thanks to you as well Rob. I'm in Alameda so it would be nice to find someone on this side of the Bay.

Rovin4Life, yeah that is probably true, like almost everything else. I always tell people the reason almost everyone who lives in the Bay loves it is that if you DONT love it, why on earth would you pay to stay?

Old 11-06-2011, 11:41 AM
1st Gear

Hi Luke,

I'm also in the East Bay (Oakland) and looking for a reliable mechanic. Did you have any luck finding a place to service your car?

Thanks,

Saied