General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best advice for servicing power seat controls?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 02:02 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best advice for servicing power seat controls?

1993 Range Rover County LWB

* Each of the front seats has some of it's directional control, but not all. I'm digging into this project today to either fix the units completely, or set the seat positions to a better universal position, and wondering about a source for some help. I thought my shop manual would have some detailed diagrams, but even that book, nearly 3 inches thick, only has steps for removal, not maintenance.

Any advice out there?

Notes:
Passenger side:
-gear cable at front left is broken, so I don't plan to fix that today.
-What does the toggle switch control behind the door side trim panel? it's right next to a large 70A fuse(which isn't there) and another smaller fuse directly underneath the 70(again, not there). PHOTO HERE
-this seat can move all the way forward and back, so working on it is a bit easier. I would like to manually tilt the seat back if I cannot fix the motorized function.
-I've checked all the smaller fuses that I can see, they're good, however, I have no knowledge of how to check the relays for their working status.

Driver side:
-The forward/backward function does not work, however there is some limited response from the control(light click, and a touch of movement as if it wants to work)
-there's a lite blue receiver for some sort of relay, which has nothing attached, not sure if it should... PHOTO HERE

Thanks for any help from the Rover wise!

Old 05-30-2010, 02:38 PM
7th Gear
Default Seat Control Boxes

I found an earlier thread by a new member asking basically the same question and a really good, helpful reply from 'atvsmurf' HERE

I was actually hoping that cleaning the contacts would solve my issues, and it sounds like this is the case most often... we'll see.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:19 PM
7th Gear

FIXED.

awesome, helpful thread by atvsmurf ... took control boxes apart and cleaned... passenger side was as simple as the connection for the seatback tilt function wasn't even plugged all the way in.