General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Computer Meltdown? No Navi, Sirius, Radio, phone....

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 03:45 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer Meltdown? No Navi, Sirius, Radio, phone....

It has been a bad day for my car this morning (and my nerves)!

Started my car this morning, and the "Accept" screen never appeared for the Navigation. I just kept seeing the green oval Land Rover marque. As much as I liked the way it looked, I knew there was a problem. Started driving and the radio and Sirius keep bleeping in and out. It would play a song for about 1-2 seconds, then go out and then come back in. The radio display kept alternating messages "phone attached" and "phone removed". As I drove, the Navi screen kept getting dimmer and dimmer and erratically flickering (while still only displaying the green marque oval).

Turned car off, waited about 10 mins and then re-started. The "Accept" screen came up, the Sirius, radio and Navi worked. Tried the phone, using voice activation, and I got a "No Handset" paired greeting. Did a manual "Look for device" function on my Razor Bluetooth phone, it re-paired...and then the voice activated phone and bluetooth system worked flawlessly. Also, on the drive home something started horribly rattling and clicking, in what seems to be coming from the center cluster (radio, climate area).

Don't know if I should just chalk this up to a computer glitch, or take it to the dealer. Seems like all is functioning well (excpet for the odd rattle).

I hope Lexus is not punishing me, and has not put a curse on my Rover, for trading it in!!!

Old 08-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Computer Meltdown? No Navi, Sirius, Radio, phone....

Take it to the dealer and get on with your life.
It is not the end of the world, and as much as many of us would like to help you, it needs to go to the dealer.
If it were a simple thing to fix I am sure there are a number of us that would jump in, but what you are describing can not be repaired by you no mater how many ideas we come up with.
Good luck with it and let us know what they find.
Mike

Old 08-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Three Wheeling

Sounds to me like you have a loose or bad ground. Has anything in the same location been taken apart or worked on recently? If so check everything that had been messed with, if not or if your not sure then have the system checked by a dealer.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:44 PM
7th Gear

Thanks for the 2 replys. No work has been done to the car, and nothing has been taken apart. Drove the car 3x more today, and so far so good. It seems like turning it off, and letting all the systems "re-boot" did the trick. Time will tell. Fingers crossed!!