Go Back   Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum > Vehicle Line Up > Range Rover
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2010, 04:40 AM

Default electrically dead rover-need to get into neutral ??

electrically dead right now, can't move the transmission into nuetral in order to move, what's the best way to get it into a rolling situation???

Any help would be appreciated????

Thanks,
Old 05-16-2010, 11:38 AM

http://rangerovers.net/rremedies.htm#neutral I believe you can also disconnect the selector from the transmission under the car, and then manually put it in neutral. OR you could just hook it up to some jumper cables and then put it in neutral.
1998 Jaguar XJ8 110k Miles
2003 Land Rover Discovery 118k Miles
Old 05-16-2010, 11:50 AM

What year are we talking about.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:30 PM

Default Similar situation

I have a similar situation except I also have a dead battery. I do not want to jump the vehicle because that is what supposedly caused my electrical system to "short out" and now I have to replace my vehicle's computer. I need to get the car towed to be repaired and I need to know if there is a neutral/park switch on the vehicle and, if so, where is it located?

Details:
1999 DII
Replaced battery 1 month ago, but because I forgot to unhook the 6-disk cd changer and take out fuse for clock, the battery has died again
Vehicle's computer is shot - will not start anyways, even if I attempt to use jumper cables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:54 PM

The cable from the shifter attaches on the driver's side, if I remember correctly. I believe the cable is attached to the selector by a set screw. Remove the cable from the lever, move the lever into neutral, and away you go.
Maintenance: 60K service with BG fluids, front drive shaft rebuild, Denso iridium plugs, front O2 sensors, Akebono ceramics front and rear with new rotors, belt tensioner and idlers, brake fluid and coolant flushed every two years- regardless of miles
Upgrades: OEM brushguard and driving lights, 04 CDL, extended rear axle breather, DI wiper arms, heated seat kit, grey painted chalkboard headliner
Old 06-14-2010, 08:12 PM

How about just hooking it up to a battery charger for an hour and then putting it in neutral.

2003 SE7-- 2" Terra Firma lift, 275 70 18 Toyo Open Country tires, ARB Sahara bar with 12k lb winch, HID headlights, Double DIN satnav stereo

Carolina Rover Owners Club (CROC) member

Shiyco Rovers--Myrtle Beach SC, 843-450-5941
shiycoparts@hotmail.com
www.stores.ebay.com/shiyco-rover-parts
Old 06-15-2010, 06:16 AM

actually on a disco two you can pull up the shifter bezel a bit and push in the interlock switch. its a large cylinder and on the driverside is the little cylinder. push it in and you are fine.

Land Rover technician Got a problem just ask. If you are a fellow LR tech then I would like to hear from you.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson96rr View Post
How about just hooking it up to a battery charger for an hour and then putting it in neutral.
Mine is the same... tried to jump the battery (which is 1 year old) and nothing... Stuck in the garage in Pawleys Island... see you are in MB... any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:19 PM

I travel to Pawleys all the time for work and my shop is on Holmestown Road. I would be happy to take a look at it for you. If you're hooking up a battery charger and getting nothing, you probably have a bad connection at the battery terminals or a dead short in the battery.

2003 SE7-- 2" Terra Firma lift, 275 70 18 Toyo Open Country tires, ARB Sahara bar with 12k lb winch, HID headlights, Double DIN satnav stereo

Carolina Rover Owners Club (CROC) member

Shiyco Rovers--Myrtle Beach SC, 843-450-5941
shiycoparts@hotmail.com
www.stores.ebay.com/shiyco-rover-parts
Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 AM

That would be awesome! Unfortunately the car is pulled (forward) into the garage -- it was a trip trying to "squeeze" in beside it and no luck in jumping it. I am located in Pawleys Retreat at the end of Riverbirch.... let me know -- and thanks!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 AM

Tags
car, dead, discovery, electrical, electrically, into, land, move, neutral, odnoklasnikiru319750html, push, put, range, rover, start