General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Procedure for Front Door Panel removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Procedure for Front Door Panel removal

I have a 97 Range Rover with a problem. The passenger's side door handle won't open the door from the inside. I need to pull off the door panrel and take a look but want to know the correct procedure for removing the door panel. Thanks alot for your help.

Tom

Old 10-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Old 10-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep follow RAVE and gl... it's a real pain.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure you already checked, but if its one of the rear passenger doors, make sure the child safety lock is not engaged before taking the door all apart.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Overlanding
Default Problem with Rave and manuals

I downloaded the Rave files as recommended but whenever I try to open any one of them I get sent to look for 3rd party Acrobat reader plugins without knowing what to look for and use. All the files do the same thing. I have Acrobat reader 9 on my computer but as it is I am unable to open any of the downloaded files. Thanks for any additional help

Tom

Old 11-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Rock Crawling

http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.p...d=13&Itemid=29
Might try here instead. It shouldn't require any plugins if I recall correctly...

Old 11-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Rock Crawling

RAVE uses an older version of Acrobat reader, which understands the encrypted PDFs that the package was built with -- the key is burned in to the reader. If you try to read the PDFs by just navigating and double clicking, you'll use your system Reader, which won't know how.

You need to unpack RAVE into a *real* directory (while XP lets you double click on a zip file, the window you get is just a view into that zip), and then run the primary EXE file.

Or grab the single PDF that's about 38MB, though I think the Disco one is the only one available in that list.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle

While you are figuring that out I will give you some ideas on taking the panel off. First remove the screws that are located on the dor handle part itself, there are 2 of them. Then if you have the little fork pryer piece then go around the panel sides and bottom and pop out the pressure fittings. Then just lift the door panel stright up and then you should be able to see the handle and all the mechanics behind it. I am willing to bet either a piece broke off and is not attached to the door cable anymore.

I had a window motor completely rip off it's metal mounting brackets. While you are in there you should check the window sliders and make sure they are not cracking and in need of replacement, you do not want to get caught rolling down the window and have it fall out of the window carrier when it is snowing out, ask me how I know.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Overlanding
Default Follow Up on door handle problem

Turns out the job was alot easier than I thought. When I removed the handle (1 screw only), I saw that the cable had come out of the nylon bush. I just had to re-insert it back into the bush and it works fine now. 2 minute job!! You gotta love those.

Thanks for your help,
Tom

Old 10-22-2014, 10:03 AM
4wd Low

Not to drag up an old thread, but I'm getting ready to remove the door panels from my 96 Disco.

I'm no stranger to door panels or the little plugs on it. My question is, is it just the basic removal process. Remove all the screws and then use a trim tool to pop the clips? Does the door speaker have to come out?