General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a Range Rover

Old 02-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a Range Rover

Hi everyone. Just bought an 02 Range Rover yesterday. I used to own a 98 Discovery, and traded in a 08 Expedition for the Range Rover, should have never bought the Ford! In the whole process I also reduced my monthly car payments by well over $400. Anyways excited to be a Land Rover owner again! I drove all the way from upstate NY to Ohio to get this 02, it only had 50,900 miles on it, and it looked brand new inside and out. It got its first test driving home to New York, it was snowing the whole way, it did better than the Ford and it did not even have snow tires on it. Well just wanted to introduce myself, and look forward to talking with you all.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've read that he 08 expeditions are pretty good... for people haulers anyways . The Discos and RRs are quite different vehicles. The engines are the same/very similar. However, the electronics, braking system, etc. are much different. You'll find with the P38, that it requires a little bit more attention than most vehicles. You probably already knew that though. In either case, welcome to the forums and enjoy your new Range!

Old 02-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back to Rovers, it is always nice to get a better vehicle and save some money while you are at it.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:27 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey congrats and welcome actually traded my 98 disco for my 99 p38 from a fellow rover owner. Title for title deal.. Good luck

Old 03-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Mudding

Thanks everyone. Well so far so good! I had the oil system flushed today and converted to synthetic oil. Now using 5W50 Castrol Syntec. Also had the coolant system flushed. But other than that she has been doing well. Only glitch I can find is my ac/heat unit wont shut off. It works fine, blows heat, and ac is cold. However when I turn the dial it does not shut off. I tried turning the dial when the ac off button light is lit, and also when it was off and nothing. Any ideas?

Old 03-01-2010, 10:00 PM
4wd Low

Alas, mine just started doing the same thing - the drivers side blower motor remains on. The passenger side turns off with the dial, but the drivers side is stuck on high.
if you find an answer. Please let me know. I picked up 2 working Blower motors from a 2001 HSE but I am hoping there is an easier fix since I don't even know where to begin to replace it.

Last edited by dnssandbox; 03-01-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Mudding

Strange, Mine I can control the fan speed, it just won't shut off. It goes to the lowest fan speed setting and thats it. Is it even possible to shut the unit off? My manual is being mailed to me as the dealer forgot to give it to me.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly I do not think that you can turn it off. I know on mine it is always trying to do something whether it is to cool or just even move some air in the cabin. I looked in the manual and I did not see anything on how to turn it off completely. If you have one that is stuck on high then there is an issue with either the fan or possibly the relay.

There are going to be a bunch of wierd electrical things that pop up now and then so start to get used to it.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:21 AM
Rock Crawling

the a/c off button just turns off the compressor. The dial adjusts the fan from low to high. There is no "off" for the entire unit. Sounds like yours is working properly....unless of course, you have the dreaded book symbol on the screen.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been able to turn my fans completely off. The a/c off button has to be pushed. Then you can take the dial and turn it off. Gsd, does the motor stay on when you shut the vehicle off?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just bought a Range Rover