General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P38 engine disabled lockout code mistery, please have pitty and try and help me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 05:33 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P38 engine disabled lockout code mistery, please have pitty and try and help me!!!!

Hi, i know alot of people post this problem so will keep my progress to date brief, if you can make any suggestions i would be extremely grateful

I have a P38 M reg (1995 i think?) 4.6 HSE.

Had a gear box fault message intermitently pop up, so was told maybe its low battery voltage, so removed charged and put back in. Then all goes to pot! The gear box fault is now last of my worries!

· currently after waiting half hour for key code lock out to clear from dash, i can open only drivers door with key.
· all other doors are superlocked, so pulling the door pin lock up does not release locks
· when key is in ignition says 'engine disabled press button or use code', press either button on fob, suprise suprise it does nothing.
· attempt to enter code via drivers door as per manual, can see head light dash light flashing so it recognises code input. so its not a faulty micro switch on door lock.
· once entered unlocks drivers door only.
· when drivers door is opened or closed the horn beeps twice
· if i close door turn to lock once the indicators flash and all locks make locking noise, turn to lock in total 3 times again indicators flash and all locks make locking noise. not sure if this is significant or not.
· tried on fob pressing unlock then phisically unlocking with key and vice versa for locking. also tried doing that the opposite way round.
· also tried holding unlock, whilst still holding unlock physically unlocking and same for locking.
· i have tried with all windows set and unset, by disconecting battery etc. should not be an issue but i have never been able to set the sunroof??
Essentially i have tried everything i have read about on these very usefull forums, but i am completely stumped!

Im starting to believe that my only option is to get one of these guys to reset my BECM, however i am sceptical as to whether this really needs doing? some people says its the only way, some say they have never had to do so and you should never need to. Having spoken to a BECM unlocking guru he says i have put the BECM in some sort of stage 2 of lock out, which means i have no hope what so ever apart from new BECM or getting it reset! I really dont know if he thinks he has a license to print money from un-knowledgeable folk like me or he in fact does offer a genuine service for a this genuine issue! by the way he is quoting around £200 initially £100 or so for unlocking, maybe all i need, then the rest for resetting my settings???? does that really need to be done??

Thanks for your time and if you can think of anything no matter how small please let me know.

Thanks

Andy

Old 05-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andy,
I'm stumped. But I have confidence that one of the members on here will know. But it they don't join anther LR forum, there are several, and post it there too. More people to read your problem the better chance you have. All the best Andy!
RROJ

Old 05-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where are you located? The gearbox fault messages are usually due to a low battery, mine does this after I disconnect and reconnect mine. So I wouldn't be to concerned about there actually being a gearbox problem. Before you spend a bunch of money and if you have time, just keep at it. The BECM is a stuborn piece of technology but you will eventually get it. Disconnect the battery with the key in the ignition and then re connect it (MAKE SURE THE WINDOW IS DOWN AND THE DOOR IS OPEN!!!!!!! Unless you want to get locked out lol). Use the default code 1515 instead of the one they gave you just in case (usually the EKA code they gave you is correct). Read the contents of this website as it will provide you with tons of information on the Range Rover alarm system which is very complex. http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdet...ecm/alarm.html

Last edited by LRScott; 05-28-2010 at 12:10 AM.