General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reliability of the 2008 RRS

Old 12-23-2010, 12:26 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reliability of the 2008 RRS

Hello, new forum member here. Looking into buying a 2008 RRS and am a little concerned about the reliability.

The car is for my wife who will be hauling around our infant son. She currently drives an MBZ sedan and we've had zero issue with the car. I understand the RRS is a completely different vehicle but don't want to put her in something that she's not going to be able to enjoy because it's contantly in the shop.

My main conern would be if there are any major issues that I should be aware of - don't mind quirky electrical issues if it doesn't affect the overall driveability of the vehicle. Also, want advice as to the safety of the vehicle overall (I suspect it is a safe vehicle).

Looking into two vehicles - one with 28K miles and the other with 47K. What would be some maintenance items that I should make sure have been performed. Also, does it make sense to pay the extra $5K for the lower mileage vehicle (vehicles are otherwise identical).

We've looked at other comparable SUVs but continue to lean towards the RRS. I appreciate any help anyone can provide!!

Old 12-23-2010, 05:33 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2008 cars will still be under the factory warranty. You can also buy an extended warranty from a JLR dealer if you want the added peace of mind. Make sure that all of the routine maintenance has been done. If you are buying from a dealer get the carfax, if you are buying from a JLR dealer he can pull also all of the service records and also tell you what has been done, if anything, under warranty.