General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RRS 08, Problems need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 11:11 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RRS 08, Problems need suggestions

I have an 08 RRS Supercharged, I'm at 30000kms and it's dead. Right now I had to get it towed 8hrs to the nearest LR dealership for a faulty sensor in the front right tire. It started out of nowhere, my truck would dip in the front pax side like I had blown a tire. The leaning sensor would come on and it would fix itself. Anyway I had to get it towed for that reason and they ended up having to get the part from the UK.

They also found a very leaking torsion thingy in the front section and fixed that at the same time. The Service Manager took it home to make sure it was ready to go and found a sound in the front pinion shaft??? and they had to get that ordered in from the UK as well. Total downtime is going on 4wks.

They offered me 35/day for a rental...I live up north and wouldn't be able to get one within that price. At the end of the day I have to get a plane ticket 500. to fly in to get my truck finally, and hoping that nothing else goes wrong.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues like this and what has their LR dealer done to make things right/easier for them. My family members keep telling me that they should be delivering it because so much has gone wrong, that they should doing something more than just fixing it and telling me to come get it. They said they will come get me from the airport but that's about it.

Part of me thinks that I should be getting better service due to the fact that it is an almost 100k truck and this kind of service is what any vehicle dealership would be doing and this truck should not have 3 such major things go wrong with it under 30k. Am I being too much of a doormat.

Please your feedback would be appreciated

Old 03-03-2010, 06:06 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

you are 8 hours from a dealership? If you are its your fault for buying one. When you are out of warrantee, you will have to pay for any diag and towing. No one will be able to work on it. it will be a long trip each way.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:11 AM
4wd Low

If only people who lived close to a dealership bought Range Rovers they'd be out of business, how many dealerships in canada? 20? When my warranty runs out I'll buy a new one. That wasn't my question, should you expect a level of service towards the value of your vehicle? spending 100 000. incl taxes should give you more service than buying a Honda Accord at 40 000. With only 30 000kms and to have 3 fairly large items go down to cause such delay's for the the vehicle also seems to be a bit much. I guess I'm just lucky that they are nice at the dealership, I guess that's the extra you pay, my mom get's ****ty service at Honda.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Overlanding

Honda90 - I feel bad for you mate. An '08 RRS should still be under warranty and the LR dealer should be going out of their way to look after you if they want repeat business, regardless of whether you are 8 minutes or 8 hours from the dealership.

Beautiful car, crap experience with after-sales support. It is unfortunate that most dealerships don't look after their customers... they talk it up but don't follow through. I'm in Australia and have experienced simlar issues in the past with LR's and other makes.

Blokes like me have mostly given up on new car warranty and dealers, and prefer to go with a an older model that we can largely service ourselves with the help of aftermarket diagnostics gear.

Rovin4life - your comment is blatantly unkind but somewhat true I fear. It's not Honda90's fault that he (presumed "he") has fine taste in vehicles, but being so far from a dealer within (and more so outside of) warranty period is perilous. Surely you are not suggesting that he abandon the RRS for a more "common" vehicle such as a Dodge or Chev?

In a similar situation, I would escalate my concern to the region or country manager of LR and ask for intervention. If they show lack of customer focus, it would be grounds for reviewing my own loyalty to the brand, or at least the models they are willing/able to support.

Cheers, Paul.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Mudding

That is terrible service. You should not pay a thing for a loaner. My car and my wifes Jag are serviced at the same dealer as they do both Jag and Land Rover. Both our cars are out of warranty and we did not buy them at that dealer and we never pay for a loaner. I would talk to the GM at that dealer.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Mudding

Yes they should also bring the car to you. I live about a hour and a half to the dealer and they have done that for me.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be calling LRNA and asking them how the dealer should be taking care of their customer , also explain all of the recent charges their dealer is making for you.
good luck

We welcome your inquiries. You may contact Land Rover by phone, e-mail, mail, or visiting your local Retailer.

Phone
General inquiries: 1-800-FIND 4WD

Owner inquiries: 1-800-637-6837

Click the link below to open our e-mail contact form.

Email Land Rover

Mail
You are invited to address all written inquiries to Land Rover at:

Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
Attn: Customer Relationship Center
555 MacArthur Blvd.
Mahwah, NJ 07430

Land Rover Retailer
Land Rover Retailers are knowledgeable and helpful. You may contact them for questions, parts, service, leasing, sales, and other Land Rover needs.

Locate a Retailer

Land Rover Careers
Jaguar Land Rover North America LLC, headquartered in New Jersey, is responsible for the marketing, sales and services of its luxury sedans, sports cars and SUVs in the US, Canada and Mexico. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team. On this site you can conveniently learn about, and apply for, a wide variety of positions available throughout the company.

Last edited by Mrmerlin; 03-03-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:05 PM
4wd Low

Wow, tks for the support and suggestions....sorry I'm a "she", or a "shelia" I guess. I've been treated well by the dealership, I've only dealt with the Service Manager and he has been prompt at keeping me up to date, it's not his fault that my truck is down and I feel he's doing all he can. He actually found the 3rd pinion thingy when he took my truck home to make sure it was ready to leave. They offered me 35/day for a rental but that won't get much and we do have extra vehicles so I'm not totally inconvienced. Next time I'll drive the unit to Edmonton instead of getting it towed and then when it takes forever I'll use their loaner to drive back and forth. I don't get to the "big" city much so it's kind of a treat for me, leaving the kids at home. But once they get you in these trucks and fall in love nothing else comes close to driving comfort. I'm an suv snob now....

I did have a problem with my continental tires and my husband wanted them changed out right away and wouldn't take another set of continentals in exchange (he thinks they're garbage) flat spotted. The dealership gave me a 400 credit and the national office 400 credit but that was all, my bill was 1600 installed. I called all the way up to LRNA and opened a complaint but they came back with sorry nothing. I guess they don't think they should cover the tires when continental doesn't. That was in the first few kms.....but I still love my truck.

I guess I thought they're should be more *** kissing to me at this price level vs other manufacturers, oh well....5 more days til I get my truck back!!!!yeh!!!
tks for all the support.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:46 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

if the dealership was eight hours away when you bought it it will be an eight hour trip to get there. That is for normal stuff where the vehicle hasn't broken down.

Remember its own recklessness for buying a vehicle and expecting nothing wrong and no issues for getting the vehicle taken care of. And yes you should own a vehicle that is closer to you for the simple reason of safety and reliability of service in your area instead of waiting eight hours for the vehicle. oh and you do have to drive the vehicle back.