General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something I noticed today

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Something I noticed today

I was driving in our golf car around the neighborhood and started noticing something different about some of the houses' drive ways. There were Range Rovers parked out front. I bought mine a little over a year ago and thought it was strange that nobody else in the neighborhood or country club had RRs or LRs for that matter. Mine sits outside a lot and attracts a lot of attention when it's fan roars while driving by the putting green when I leave. A lot of people had been asking about my rover, the year, mileage, etc. And a few months later I started seeing RRs driving in and out of the country club. I want to say there are now 4 to 5 regulars at the club that now own a RR and 3 people in our neighborhood that have purchased one. I was shocked to see one in the garage of a man who only bought GM in the past... I'm not going to say that driving my RR around has caused others to buy theirs, but I have a feeling that may be the case. I know the look sold me on RR, the simple elegance that didn't give into car fashion fads that makes many other marks look, hideous in my opinion. I think what sold me more is the feeling I get driving mine. And I'll never forget the LR that got my attention and has since made me a fanatic about the brand, a Defender that I got to drive offroad in Ireland.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was the Defender a 90 or 110?

I fell in love with teh 110 while living in England. I also have a soft spot for the Mercedes G Wagon, I think they are great.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Pro Wrench

It was a 110 TDi I believe, because it had 4 doors. It was about 5 years ago. I just remember it as being big, very cramped, uncomfortable, but man could it climb anything and it had the easiest clutch. That was one of the first times I ever drove a stick and was cringing when I went to take it out. Surprisingly I never stalled it out even going up steep ridges. The thing was just a tank and reminds me of my p38 which is why I like my RR so much. The only real difference between the two is, well the RR doesn't smell like diesel and it sure is more comfortable. They both ride the same though (which is a turn off for some, but I love that tank feeling) in my opinion of course that was awhile back, so its not like its a side by side comparison. If defenders here weren't so damn expensive, I would totally buy one. I wouldn't mind a G-class, but I doubt they are as easy to work on let alone look up info on as lrs. There was a G class with low miles in my area that they were selling for 22k. It sold within 2 days lol.

Last edited by LRScott; 04-17-2010 at 02:31 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got to drive a 2 door G class, similar to the D90 size, it was pretty cool and had a 2 speed reverse. It was a military version from France.

I would buy one just to have one but they are expensive and I probably would not wheel it at all so it would be pointless.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Pro Wrench

2 speed reverse... wow lol sounds cool