General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty question and possible help to some

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 10:33 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty question and possible help to some

Hello all,

New here, and looking to buy an 06 Range Rover Sport (all cars I am looking at have under 50k miles -- but on most the warranty ended because the 4 yrs was up) - I was wondering what extended warranty companies any of you have.. I saw on another site (rangerovers dot net) a warranty section

http://www.rangerovers.net/rrwarranties.htm

They talk about 3 companies that have exclusionary policies which basically cover everything.. I don't know if that is updated, legit, or even current because that site only has like 30 active members and seems like a small site.

Has anyone used any of the 3 listed?

-Auto Advantage Inc.

-Warranties 4 Wheels

-Carsmith

-Ford ESP

Or if anyone has anything else that works good. I am looking to be able to take the Rover to a Land Rover dealer for warranty work, if that matters.

Thanks,
Mike

Can't wait to pick one up.. just want to confirm what my warranty options are, and obviously factor that into what I am looking to spend. Thanks again!

Last edited by jackals; 05-22-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Mudding

I am actually not a fan of the warranties these days... Their used to be some good companies out their but they are gone. I would only buy a land rover warranty if possible, and with how expensive all of these warranties are you are almost just pre paying for future repairs.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Land Rover has a CPO warranty and a LR assured warranty. My local dealership also offered me a in house warranty (not cheap). Check with your local LR dealership and see what they'll do for you.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:45 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by skyguy
Land Rover has a CPO warranty and a LR assured warranty. My local dealership also offered me a in house warranty (not cheap). Check with your local LR dealership and see what they'll do for you.

What is the LR assured warranty?

I see the CPO warranty.. but it only covers up to 62k miles?

"
When you purchase a Certified Pre-Owned Land Rover, luxury, capability and confidence are yours. Thanks to a complete 140-point inspection, a comprehensive 5-year / 62,000-Mile Limited Warranty*, and 24/7 Roadside Assistance you can have peace of mind along your journey. At Land Rover we take great pride in our uncompromising approach to safety and performance.
Take advantage of this opportunity to explore the variety of exceptional Certified Pre-Owned Land Rovers and our full lineup of luxury Certified Pre-Owned SUVs.
Watch Video: Find out about owning a Certified Pre-Owned Land Rover"

*Limited-warranty coverage begins on the vehicle's original in-service date and zero miles. See your Land Rover Retailer for complete warranty coverage details.