General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of this range rover?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 07:47 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of this range rover?

Hey guys, just wondering your thoughts on this 2002 Range rover. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-...item1e5b41e5ac

I'm thinking about checking it out but it's not a such a close drive so I'm wondering what questions to ask or if I should presue it. Thanks!

Old 04-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, first thing. I wouldn't rush it... It took me a year to find the right one . However, that one does look pretty nice and is priced pretty good. I would make sure the head gaskets have been replaced, otherwise expect them to go within the next 10 to 20k miles. You can ask them as many questions as you want, chances are they will lie to you lol (been my experience with a lot of dealerships anyways). Check the condition of all the fluids and go on a thorough test drive. listen for noises and check the functionality of everything. Ask them if they are willing to negotiate outside of ebay, that has worked for me in the past with other items including my range. The person is usually more willing to negotiate because they no longer have to pay ebay a % of the price. If you can, sleep on the decision. I never buy a car the first day I see it, I always give it some thought for a day. After all, it is a fairly large decision...

Old 04-09-2010, 12:03 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not rushing it, I was going to deal with it outside of ebay anyway even though the listing is ending soon. I've been looking at Range Rovers since about October, just worried if it's worth it with the repairs annually. Might consider getting a warranty from Warranty 4 Wheels, I have no idea how much that costs though. Thanks for your help again, you really help out a lot!

Old 04-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks good but loks can be deceiving. Even if it is a drive go look at it and run it through the paces. Maybe make a weekend with the spouse or a friend and if you end up not buying it then at least you had a nice weekend.