ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

milwaukee Wisconsin Disco owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 12:15 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default milwaukee Wisconsin Disco owners

Hi, my name is Brian and live in Menomonee Falls, Wi. Just wondering if there are some local Land Rover enthusiasts interested in getting together.I have an 04 Disco and would enjoy some like minded company. I can be reached at saabtek@sbcglobal.net thanks.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

Hey Brian. I'm about an hour south of you. I'll shoot you an email with some info.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 116 Likes on 101 Posts

Just a bit of a ways away in Red Wing, Mn

Old 04-21-2014, 11:13 AM
Mudding
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Also interested in a get together. Definitely looking for a regular place to go - I've been up to the Pipeline a few times (Nicolet National Forest, about 3 hrs north of Madison, WI), but last year they shut off a section, because the 'actual' gas pipeline surfaced due to erosion. Also, a friend of mine was up there a couple months ago, and he said it looks like other sections are being shut off. Bummer... I just rebuilt the winch on my LR3, and need to get it stuck! Email is rovernev@gmail.com

Old 04-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Camel Trophy

The Pipeline and surrounding area is pretty much a total bust now. Was up there in February for some winter wheeling and it turned into the Tour of Fences. There were about 4-5 of the regular fun spots/trails that had been fenced off with chain link. Until they get that park opened in Forest Co I don't see much reason to go in that area.

There is a Midwest Rover Rally in Indiana this May.
Details here:
Midwest Land Rover Rally

Old 04-21-2014, 10:26 PM
Mudding

Yeah, pretty bummed about the Pipeline getting shut down - This was my first experience off-roading, and the stock Range Rover HSE with standard tires did an amazing job, according to those with vehicles that were more 'modified' for that terrain. I will never forget the good (and scary) times I had up there.

I found out about the Midwest Rover Rally a week or so ago - There's a good chance I will be going. I actually need to be near Cincinnati, Ohio, during that week, and the event is basically half way home (Madison, WI).

I will make a decision within the next week or so.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:30 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by nevillusa
Yeah, pretty bummed about the Pipeline getting shut down - This was my first experience off-roading, and the stock Range Rover HSE with standard tires did an amazing job, according to those with vehicles that were more 'modified' for that terrain. I will never forget the good (and scary) times I had up there.

I found out about the Midwest Rover Rally a week or so ago - There's a good chance I will be going. I actually need to be near Cincinnati, Ohio, during that week, and the event is basically half way home (Madison, WI).

I will make a decision within the next week or so.
Awesome, hope to see you there!

Old 05-12-2014, 02:14 PM
Mudding

Sorry Everybody.

I'm not going to be able to make it next weekend... I was away all of last week, away again this week, and away next week...

Please keep me in mind if you're planning trip in June or July - I will happily travel about 4hrs from Madison, WI, and I'm happy in any terrain (water, mud, sand, rocks, or a combo).

Also good with tent camping if we need to get off the grid.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm up in Appleton. Not too far away.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Francopacks
I'm up in Appleton. Not too far away.
Do you know Adam Shaffer or Matt Forss? Both are up in or around Appleton.

Quick Reply: milwaukee Wisconsin Disco owners