ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Socal, ca usa

Old 02-10-2017, 02:06 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet! I want to do Pilot Rock. I have not done that yet. If you want to do it again, lets get together!

Old 02-10-2017, 03:28 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're in so cal, consider joining SCLR.ORG, the Southern California Land Rover club. We do several outings during the year, local and farther away plus have other gatherings. Guests and family are welcome.

My son and I do our own adventures as well, I'll post next time we're getting ready to go somewhere.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:30 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by saintdel
If you're in so cal, consider joining SCLR.ORG, the Southern California Land Rover club. We do several outings during the year, local and farther away plus have other gatherings. Guests and family are welcome.

My son and I do our own adventures as well, I'll post next time we're getting ready to go somewhere.

Thanks!!! I will look into SCLR

Old 02-10-2017, 05:35 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by saintdel

I have looked at this Organization before... $60 a year.... what do I or (you) get for $60 a year?

I don't mind organizations like this if they are value added and use our $60 towards something meaningful.

Not trying to bring this down, just looking for some insight.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sclr

Originally Posted by 80's old school
I have looked at this Organization before... $60 a year.... what do I or (you) get for $60 a year?

I don't mind organizations like this if they are value added and use our $60 towards something meaningful.

Not trying to bring this down, just looking for some insight.
I don't understand SCLR. We can't join the forum without paying. I want to meet the people and see what the group is all about. All I can do is view the calendar and when I made the two hour drive to Pasadena no one was at the monthly meeting. I opened my Facebook feed and noticed they made a snow run last weekend that I would have loved to atttend but it wasn't promoted (that I saw) in advance. I don't want to make enemies here but how do I check the club out? I joined the Overland Bound community. Signed up for an outing in central California. My wife and I had a great time, we joined the group, paid our dues, bought tee shirts and hats. SCLR needs to take a look at that $60 wall they have. I was told the dues were put in place to keep spammers out of the forums.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:33 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a follow up to my post. The link (obviously) is for the Overland Bound Community. A fairly large group headed out to Pioneer Town this weekend. Lots of overlanders and off-roaders. Be sure and checkout the founders, Michael and Corrie's, videos on YouTube. They are really nice people
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/