Sights N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Land Rovers, Range Rovers, and Freelanders.

Just for Laughs

Old 02-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x2.....

Old 02-18-2011, 12:01 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Considering I spent 4 years working for a tour company as mechanic to their fleet of 24 stock 1998-99 Jeep Wranglers(all had the 4.0L with auto tranny in them and good A/T tires)that customers would rent to drive around on old logging roads...I can tell you it is a fact that those heeps are garbage in stock form and have to to modified to keep up with a stock Disco. You would need 31" tires and at least a rear lunchbox locker just to keep up. To outperform a Stock Disco, at least 2" suspension lift with 31" tires and rear locker. Not much else would be needed, but with only that, they would only make it a hundred feet farther than the Disco...

Old 02-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chris-bob
considering i spent 4 years working for a tour company as mechanic to their fleet of 24 stock 1998-99 jeep wranglers(all had the 4.0l with auto tranny in them and good a/t tires)that customers would rent to drive around on old logging roads...i can tell you it is a fact that those heeps are garbage in stock form and have to to modified to keep up with a stock disco. You would need 31" tires and at least a rear lunchbox locker just to keep up. To outperform a stock disco, at least 2" suspension lift with 31" tires and rear locker. Not much else would be needed, but with only that, they would only make it a hundred feet farther than the disco...
*like*

Old 02-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Chris-bob
Considering I spent 4 years working for a tour company as mechanic to their fleet of 24 stock 1998-99 Jeep Wranglers(all had the 4.0L with auto tranny in them and good A/T tires)that customers would rent to drive around on old logging roads...I can tell you it is a fact that those heeps are garbage in stock form and have to to modified to keep up with a stock Disco. You would need 31" tires and at least a rear lunchbox locker just to keep up. To outperform a Stock Disco, at least 2" suspension lift with 31" tires and rear locker. Not much else would be needed, but with only that, they would only make it a hundred feet farther than the Disco...
This.

I love jeeps, and will always be a jeeper at heart, but a stock jeep (YJ/TJ/XJ/WJ, excluding the rubicons) with a set of M/T's will never outperform a Rover with the same tires. The OP is clearly comparing apples to oranges and is trolling in the highest regard. If I were a mod I would ban the hell out of him.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:35 PM
TReK

I remember driving around a lifted chevy z71 in my front wheel drive '83 subaru wagen on a nasty, rutted out road. The guy in the chevy asked if the road got better, I told him this was the better part. I remember driving out to my camping spot to visit my bro who was out there with his buddies in their lifted rigs. They were shocked to see a lowered '81 BMW 528I drive up to the campfire.

Point is, any vehicle can cruise around offroad if the drivers know their vehicles limitations and know how to avoid obstacles. I have only gotten stuck when I was going somewhere I knew I shouldn't be.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:37 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tuck
The OP is clearly comparing apples to oranges and is trolling in the highest regard. If I were a mod I would ban the hell out of him.
Bingo....especially with the lack of response from the OP. What a douche' (that's French right?)

Old 03-25-2011, 04:44 PM
TReK

I'm still laughing at the OP. Are you?

Old 03-25-2011, 05:18 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris-bob
I'm still laughing at the OP. Are you?
I know I am Every time I see this post I think of this.....
YouTube - French Taunting - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Old 03-25-2011, 05:44 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
I know I am Every time I see this post I think of this.....
YouTube - French Taunting - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
That is too funny

Old 03-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Three Wheeling

I agree w/Chrisbob if you know how to drive and stay within you vehicles limitations you will be fine. I've taken a stock '87 ford ranger everywhere my buddies have taken their heavily lifted and worked over redneck limos and never got stuck. Some of my idiot friends have even gotten trucks beached on tree stumps... point of the story is off roading in any climate or condition takes the right combination of driving skill, patience and common freakin sense.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just for Laughs