2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any photos of Extended Black Exterior Pack?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 09:27 AM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Any photos of Extended Black Exterior Pack?

Really interested in seeing how Extended Black Exterior Pack looks. Anyone get it and can share some photos?

Old 11-30-2021, 01:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 238 Likes on 97 Posts

Also with "Black Signature Graphic", which makes the "postage stamp" black.

The following 2 users liked this post by drcoop:
GrouseK9 (11-30-2021), sblvro (12-01-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 01:37 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by drcoop
Also with "Black Signature Graphic", which makes the "postage stamp" black.

Thanks for sharing! Looks great! I thought the front and back bumpers came in black as well with this pack:

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (12-01-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 02:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 238 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by freepower
Thanks for sharing! Looks great! I thought the front and back bumpers came in black as well with this pack:
The lower bumper trim gets blacked-out on trim level X-Dynamic and above, with the Extended Black Ext. Pack option, not in the lower SE trim level. I think this also gives you gloss painted lower plastic body trim as opposed to the matte gray. This looks great, but if you choose the extended wheel arches, they won't match your gloss black lower body trim (unless you have a custom paint done). Good luck!

Old 11-30-2021, 05:25 PM
Drifting

The lower bumper trim gets blacked-out on trim level X-Dynamic and above, with the Extended Black Ext. Pack option, not in the lower SE trim level. I think this also gives you gloss painted lower plastic body trim as opposed to the matte gray. This looks great, but if you choose the extended wheel arches, they won't match your gloss black lower body trim (unless you have a custom paint done). Good luck!
Is the lower bumper trim gloss black or matte black?

For the gloss painted lower plastic body trim I'm thinking I can put a layer of XPEL over it to matte it out and match the extended wheel arches. That'll also keep it protected from rocks and dirt getting kicked up from the tires.

Old 11-30-2021, 05:37 PM
Overlanding
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Correct. Mine is an X and lower black trim is glossy. I had that covered in xpel. I also had the front skid plate painted black in the thick raptor coating paint. I wouldn’t mess with the extended wheel arches until they make some in glossy. I think it’s just a matter of time.

The following 3 users liked this post by Gamer_Esq:
Craig_RRS2013 (11-30-2021), drcoop (11-30-2021), GavinC (12-02-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 05:56 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gamer_Esq
Correct. Mine is an X and lower black trim is glossy. I had that covered in xpel. I also had the front skid plate painted black in the thick raptor coating paint. I wouldn’t mess with the extended wheel arches until they make some in glossy. I think it’s just a matter of time.

How did the skid plate turn out in the raptor coating paint? Any close up photos?

Old 11-30-2021, 05:57 PM
Drifting

How did the skid plate turn out in the raptor coating paint? Any close up photos? Vehicle look awesome by the way! Is that Carpathian Grey?

Old 11-30-2021, 07:42 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you take the skid plate off to paint? Or were you able to paint it while still on the vehicle?

Old 12-01-2021, 12:06 AM
Drifting

Do you have any close ups of the sections covered in xpel?

Quick Reply: Any photos of Extended Black Exterior Pack?