Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Digital Dash Shortage

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 01:41 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 95 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Digital Dash Shortage

My dealer just called me on the order that I finalized back in June and scheduled to complete production 8/26. Apparently Land Rover is running out of digital displays for the gauges and they no longer can guarantee build/delivery dates for orders with those gauges. He offered to downgrade the gauges to the analog gauges out of the base Defender, which would keep the current build timeline.

Naturally, there appears to be no discounted price for the downgraded build that LR is offering.

I refused the downgrade, and said if the car was going to take until 2022, id just cancel the order and take my business to a different brand.

Yet another example of how this order process is "unique" to LR.

Old 08-18-2021, 02:57 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 209 Likes on 137 Posts
Default it gets "better"

At least you are not in my situation. I got a Disco 5 '22, for my wife, and 2 hrs later, the transfer case died - or was dead to begin with. Long story short: in the entire US, Land Rover has no drop of oil for the transfer case for this model - 0 (zero) and .... and no transfer case either, and NO ETA when one would be available. So... if I would have to chose again another LR ( this would be my 2nd in 6 mo. ) I would definitely hold back. They have bigger issues than the "Covid" excuse....

The following users liked this post:
Magnumforc (08-24-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 02:58 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,404 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by heliochrome85
My dealer just called me on the order that I finalized back in June and scheduled to complete production 8/26. Apparently Land Rover is running out of digital displays for the gauges and they no longer can guarantee build/delivery dates for orders with those gauges. He offered to downgrade the gauges to the analog gauges out of the base Defender, which would keep the current build timeline.

Naturally, there appears to be no discounted price for the downgraded build that LR is offering.

I refused the downgrade, and said if the car was going to take until 2022, id just cancel the order and take my business to a different brand.

Yet another example of how this order process is "unique" to LR.
What did you order? Curious because mine is scheduled for build in 4 weeks and it seems they're saving parts like that for higher trims.

Old 08-18-2021, 03:29 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 95 Likes on 37 Posts

2022 P300S, fully loaded. I didnt want the 6 cyl nor any of the shiny trim on the higher trim levels since my plan is to overland in this truck.

Old 08-18-2021, 04:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 697 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by Mechano2020
At least you are not in my situation. I got a Disco 5 '22, for my wife, and 2 hrs later, the transfer case died - or was dead to begin with. Long story short: in the entire US, Land Rover has no drop of oil for the transfer case for this model - 0 (zero) and .... and no transfer case either, and NO ETA when one would be available. So... if I would have to chose again another LR ( this would be my 2nd in 6 mo. ) I would definitely hold back. They have bigger issues than the "Covid" excuse....
yep, something in the supply chain is not right.

I was completely unable to find from any JLR dealer a fuel pump ECU (a common replacement part) for my LR4. Luckily, there was a person offering one on ebay -- which turned out to be shipped next day, be new as claimed and worked exactly as hoped. I was braced for worse news.

Things are arwy for sure ...... I hope JLR solves your D5 supply gaps quickly.

GrouseK9 (08-18-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 04:25 PM
Mudding
Received 108 Likes on 56 Posts

This chip shortage and all-around supply chain issues are definitely real, but they are also exposing which companies have not planned well.

Mechano2020 (08-18-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 09:09 PM
Drifting
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

I understand completely. Wow, I know Land Rover is hurting but little things like this on a fairly expensive car makes them look bad.They are not doing their brand any favors.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:14 PM
Mudding
Received 163 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by MattEvan
This chip shortage and all-around supply chain issues are definitely real, but they are also exposing which companies have not planned well.
I’m intrigued by your comment. In what way do you think any car manufacturer could plan well given the perfect storm that’s been going on for the last 18 months? It’s certainly not going to end soon either. And when China marches into Taiwan we will all be screwed for years to come.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:50 PM
Drifting
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

You might be right. However when you see Land Rover releasing special edition Defenders with features they stated would be unavailable on your build, it makes consumers angry. The trophy edition Land Rover was made just to make quick money.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:51 PM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just posted this on Llid’s thread:

Have a P400 HSE on order and got the same call today. Said I wouldn’t downgrade the gauge cluster. She said she would get back to me with an updated timeframe. Had a 10/1 build date with 11/26 delivery.

Did they offer to refund the deposit to anyone? Not me.

Quick Reply: Digital Dash Shortage