2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fix Brand New Car or REplace?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 06:04 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by stillruns
I believe that their styling is so unique and eye catching, it has to be the stand out factor. Owners want to drive something that is not cookie cutter and bland like every SUV made today. For this reason, any problems that occur no matter what a pain in the a$$ they are will get a pass. What a remarkable relationship.

You are absolutely correct here! We have owned several other SUV's from Lexus, Ford, and Nissan. All of them were just blah. They were plenty comfortable for our driving pleasure, but this thing just looks more badass. My wife is absolutely in love with this thing. So even with all the issues, she gives it a pass. Me, not so much. But as long as she is happy, I am going to have to live with it. But I will say, this is the most comfortable, best looking, most unique SUV we have owned. It's not cookie cutter at all!

Old 12-23-2020, 10:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

*If you DON'T think that they're capable of fixing D1, you don't take D2, you leave because they won't be capable of fixing D2, should there be a problem, either.
*If you DO think that they're capable of fixing D1 but just unwilling because handing you D2 is easier, then you leave because that's a crap thing to do.
*If you think they're able to fix D1 and that handing you D2 was ONLY done to a) make your life easier and b) because it was the right thing to do, then I say stick to your original build and let them fix it. Use their loaner. Be patient and gracious. If they fix it, move on. If they don't, re-evaluate their options vs walk away.

Regarding your question about how easy the repair is and the possibility of creating additional issues with that repair. It's always a possibility, I guess. Sounds like you've either had that issue in the past or you're not 100% confident in their abilities.

Nate

Old 12-24-2020, 09:50 AM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

My two cents are to repair and document. Eiger is a great color also but you ordered black for a reason. If you really like the new color test drive it hard and swap. New models are always a danger and some friends with other high end cars end having annoying issues as well. Right now without the ability to see any compiled data it seems a bit random on what one experiences with the Defender.

My P300 has been solid as far as mechanical issues and does not have the A Pillar noise at 3200 miles. The software feature corrections from 2.0.4,2.0.5,2.0.6 and now 2.0.7 have tweaked all my initial thoughts concerning the bells and whistles that were not right in my mind. My PIVI behaves well working with Apple Phone so maybe my car came off the line on the right day and since it was October delivery they had some practice. A pandemic shutdown after startup on a new model couldn’t have helped their process. This is our 5th LR and all have been really great vehicles. I do agree with others that an LR is different in a very nice way as far as the design and layout compared to many other cars.

I loved my red defender from the 90s but I really love my new one for warmth and comfort and ride. It really is a handy practical vehicle for me. I do wonder about longevity of air suspension especially if one was off road a lot but electronics and modules are getting better every year so I am optimistic and wow is it nice. My air suspension truck was great for 4 years so maybe it is starting to be a more reliable technology. Didn’t use to trust auto windows or seats but now I wouldn’t live without those features.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:51 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with Grey! YOLO!!

Old 12-27-2020, 08:09 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I’m a black car guy but chose eight over black on my X simply because the X has so many black gloss features that stand out more on a car with contrast. IMHO, the X is mostly about the taillights and contrast parts. All my other cars are black and I’m happy with my decision to get Eiger. If the other car is similarly equipped option wise I’d switch. It’s strange for a dealer to offer a trade since the current car is already titled and would have to be sold as used. If it was a simple software fix or something that could be done in an afternoon, it’s unlikely this offer would have been made.