Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   2020 Defender (https://landroverforums.com/forum/2020-defender-60/)
-   -   GAP Tool G4 and Parking Assist (https://landroverforums.com/forum/2020-defender-60/gap-tool-g4-parking-assist-120992/)

chpsk8 03-10-2024 11:05 AM

GAP Tool G4 and Parking Assist

I'm trying to activate Parking Assist with the new G4 version. (updated version)

I've made the following changes. I was able to clear the brake error by locking, alarming, and waiting an hour. Connected the G4 and ran the clear faults script.
At that point I did not have the steering wheel icon. I reset the PIVI and then the steering wheel appeared on the PIVI screen.

I can drive down the road and the car is scanning for spots. I can select the steering wheel, or the icon on the PIVI menu and it will change into a mode where I can see it scanning for spots. It will recognize a spot and then ask me to slow down and stop and to select the spot I want. The menu changes and I'm asked to select if it is a parallel or bay spot. I can select one or the other. What I can't do is hit the start button. It is greyed out.

I have a 2023.5 P300
ACC is activated and working. I used the GAP tool for that as well.
ATPC is also activated and working.

Any thoughts on additional changes I could try? I haven't seen many lists of changes for parking assist other than these standard changes. Thank you!

Activate ParkAssist
EUCD-059 Parking Assistance
Standard: Without Parking Assistance
Change to: PDC (Front, Rear) - Parking (Parallel, Exit)

EUCD-099 ParkAssist Camera
Standard: Without ParkAssist Camera
Change to: With ParkAssist Camera

EUCD-140 Pdcautoactivationmenu
Standard: Not supported
Change to: With PDC Auto Activation menu

MultiCAN-469 PDCAutoActivation
Standard: Not Supported
Change to: Default OFF configurable

MultiCAN-500 PDCBtnFCIM
Change to: Fitted

MultiCAN-602 PDC
Standard: PDC not fitted
Change to: 10 Channel fitted ( ParkAssist)

MultiCAN-786 ParkAssist
Standard: Not Fitted
Change to: Full Auto VarD (Fully automated parkassist with automated steering breaking accelaration and gears)

GavinC 03-10-2024 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by chpsk8 (Post 892969)
I'm trying to activate Parking Assist with the new G4 version. (updated version)

I've made the following changes. I was able to clear the brake error by locking, alarming, and waiting an hour. Connected the G4 and ran the clear faults script.
At that point I did not have the steering wheel icon. I reset the PIVI and then the steering wheel appeared on the PIVI screen.

I can drive down the road and the car is scanning for spots. I can select the steering wheel, or the icon on the PIVI menu and it will change into a mode where I can see it scanning for spots. It will recognize a spot and then ask me to slow down and stop and to select the spot I want. The menu changes and I'm asked to select if it is a parallel or bay spot. I can select one or the other. What I can't do is hit the start button. It is greyed out.

I have a 2023.5 P300
ACC is activated and working. I used the GAP tool for that as well.
ATPC is also activated and working.

Any thoughts on additional changes I could try? I haven't seen many lists of changes for parking assist other than these standard changes. Thank you!

Activate ParkAssist
EUCD-059 Parking Assistance
Standard: Without Parking Assistance
Change to: PDC (Front, Rear) - Parking (Parallel, Exit)

EUCD-099 ParkAssist Camera
Standard: Without ParkAssist Camera
Change to: With ParkAssist Camera

EUCD-140 Pdcautoactivationmenu
Change to: With PDC Auto Activation menu

MultiCAN-469 PDCAutoActivation
Standard: Not Supported
Change to: Default OFF configurable

MultiCAN-500 PDCBtnFCIM
Change to: Fitted

MultiCAN-602 PDC
Standard: PDC not fitted
Change to: 10 Channel fitted ( ParkAssist)

MultiCAN-786 ParkAssist
Standard: Not Fitted
Change to: Full Auto VarD (Fully automated parkassist with automated steering breaking accelaration and gears)

great info. Hopefully you can get the last piece of the puzzle to ungrey the start button.

I just mailed my G3 back so hoping to get stuck into the G4 activations soon.

nashvegas 03-11-2024 04:52 PM

Same here, awaiting my G4.

I don't know why I'm interested in auto park assist as a feature... but man am I.

I'm sure it has improved; however the last 2 cars I owned that had it (a BMW and a RRSport) both either hit something or curbed wheels while using their auto parking functions.

chpsk8 03-11-2024 07:11 PM

Oh yeah I'm looking to add it just to add it as a novelty. More of a 'cause we can mission.

Hopefully I have some time this week to see what else is out there for parking CCF's.
I think MultiCAN-786 ParkAssist had several options to change.

It feels like there's a function missing that allows the function to execute once all of the parameters have been met which leaves the start button grayed out.

markjlr 03-12-2024 12:56 PM

As soon as I get a g4 I’ll jump in fellas. ‘“Hold my beer!”

Markjlr

nashvegas 03-24-2024 10:17 PM

Eagerly awaiting this haha. I played around w/ my G4 and also could not get it to work.

benrh 03-25-2024 03:29 PM

Question... the main difference between the Bluetooth version and Pro version is that the Pro you can use with multiple vehicles whereas the Bluetooth is locked to your VIN?

pjeski 03-25-2024 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by benrh (Post 894308)
Question... the main difference between the Bluetooth version and Pro version is that the Pro you can use with multiple vehicles whereas the Bluetooth is locked to your VIN?

I don’t know the complete answer to that, but the pro version is a subscription, not a one time purchase. And I believe you can add VINs to your BT tool for a price.

Johan6504@gmail.com 04-10-2024 10:41 AM

Fallowed the steps above and it worked just fine on my Defender P400e MY22.
But I find it extremely scary and braking is harch, not sure if I will be brave enough to use it when I really need it…

GavinC 04-10-2024 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Johan6504@gmail.com (Post 895691)
Fallowed the steps above and it worked just fine on my Defender P400e MY22.
But I find it extremely scary and braking is harch, not sure if I will be brave enough to use it when I really need it…

Good to know.

I will give the instructional above a try.