Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering a Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE - questions about ordering process

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 03:00 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by walt_mink
Is there a resource out there that gives you complete insight into the different features and options across the various trim levels? I'm in the same boat as OP and am trying to nail down exactly what I want but keep getting the feeling that I'm missing something. For instance, my dealer told me that I could get a white roof on the X-Dynamic HSE, but that turned out to be false. I'd hate to order a vehicle and then be unpleasantly surprised when it showed up.
This is exactly what happened to me ,with a 110 S model, when 2 months into the build I see that JLR are now offering HUD, Premium DRL, and black headliner as now I have to scramble to see if we can install the upgraded headlights at port or order through parts and install at dealer. Needless to say spending 75k and not getting exactly what you want when you built the car and waited 4+ months to get it can be quite frustrating.

Old 01-30-2021, 12:44 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered 2021 Defender x dynamic HSE and the car showed up with the wrong rims . My dealer swapped out the rims before I took del. Other then that it was a breeze to order.

Old 01-30-2021, 12:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 136 Likes on 67 Posts

If anyone wanted to see what the exact build details look like, I just got this from my SA... My order has been accepted, and I have until 2/10 to change the config. Who wants to go line by line with me lol. From the SA:

The first two pages detail selected options, while the last three pages are factory “on/off” switches for the assembly line floor to know what does or does not go on this specific vehicle.
Because this same factory builds Defenders for every market in the world there are some differences between what might be standard at a particular trim in the US compared to what comes standard in another market.
So this is a print-out of the system details for your vehicle assembly. Which is why you see “LESS” some features that it is not equipped with in addition to all of the features that it does have.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Old 01-30-2021, 02:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 700 Likes on 405 Posts

Looks like the items you were concerned with are now sorted .... Enjoy !

Old 01-30-2021, 02:43 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Its interesting it has quoted you 3 months. As I am trying to finalize my build my salesman just told me today it could be six months.

Old 01-30-2021, 02:52 PM
Winching

I am not seeing the option for which wood finisher you have chosen?

Old 01-30-2021, 03:32 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by TrioLRowner
Looks like the items you were concerned with are now sorted .... Enjoy !
Yes... I think! Printed the thing out and am going to the dealer tomorrow to confirm a few things.... Seeing all the "LESS" things has me jealous of the European options... Now I want the first aid kit And what is the cushion extension lol

Originally Posted by Moretti
Its interesting it has quoted you 3 months. As I am trying to finalize my build my salesman just told me today it could be six months.
He told me June initially... then this email came today and he said it would be shorter... Oh well, I'll take it!

I am not seeing the option for which wood finisher you have chosen?
So I went back and forth on this... and we chose no wood finisher. On the X-Dynamic it allows you to select neither... Is that a mistake you think? The thought was the 2 wood options--neither really goes with the car--it's another piece of trim that dooesn't really match anything. So I guess it's all black if you chose no wood? BTW, my wife really wanted the white cross bar trim... I wanted dark grey... but guess who got outvoted?

Last edited by sna77; 01-30-2021 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:42 PM
Winching

I did not realize you could by-pass a wood finisher.

I am going with walnut. Its obviously not an extravagant amount in there anyway so I understand your thinking...I like how it it looks but I am leaning towards going with the acorn/lunar choice to offset a dark grey exterior. I also have had black on black in my current vehicle and want something different. I do have doubts about getting a lighter color in there since the plan for utility for my defender will be some straightforward but still off road, probably muddy at times, driving.

I am going with the towing package, else while we are pretty similar in our builds. I am passing on the heads up display. I had one on an escalade I had rented a couple years back and I didnt think it was worth the extra cost.

Old 01-30-2021, 03:54 PM
Rock Crawling

I did not realize you could by-pass a wood finisher.

I am going with walnut. Its obviously not an extravagant amount in there anyway so I understand your thinking...I like how it it looks but I am leaning towards going with the acorn/lunar choice to offset a dark grey exterior. I also have had black on black in my current vehicle and want something different. I do have doubts about getting a lighter color in there since the plan for utility for my defender will be some straightforward but still off road, probably muddy at times, driving.

I am going with the towing package, else while we are pretty similar in our builds. I am passing on the heads up display. I had one on an escalade I had rented a couple years back and I didnt think it was worth the extra cost.
The interior I really want is the vintage tan. Love it, and think the wood looks great with it. Of course you can't order the only trim it's available on--the X--in white. Groan. Funny about the heads-up display--I have it in my 5 series and my wife has it in her X3, and both really love it. The BMW version doesn't work well when wearing polarized sunglasses though... Low expectations for it being better in the Defender lol.

Re: Towing package. I do plan on 2x a year trailering our boat in/out of the dry dock (about 3-4 miles)… Thought about the software options with the full tow package vs just getting the hitch. Then read this review and said the heck with it, just get the hitch:
https://jalopnik.com/towing-with-a-1...t-w-1828868366

Last edited by sna77; 01-30-2021 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-30-2021, 04:03 PM
Winching

I remember reading something about a calibration sticker that you place on the trailer and the system is able to configure to there? Not sure its like that anymore. They didn't mention that in that article. Anyways the tow assist is more to help the novice I believe. It ends up costing about $400 for the tow assist if you were already planning to get the hitch receiver and the advanced off road pack....

Quick Reply: Ordering a Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE - questions about ordering process