Sponsored by:

Ordering a Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE - questions about ordering process

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 03:37 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by ksw
That's not correct. MY22 require ORP to get Active Dif
I see the confusion. To be more specific the base model through HSE model require the off road pack. The XS model, which is what I referenced in my last post, has to select the elc. active dif. individually. You can not get the off road pack with the XS as they bundle something from it as standard already for that model (I think its the plug socket).

I ordered an XS. I had to go through that process. You can now see it on the online configurator. I had to order the off road tires separately as well.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:45 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,503 Likes on 1,014 Posts

This is a very useful thread. I was on the builder for a good few weeks before finalizing things. Built out a 110 in the SE, X-dynamic, and X just to get a good apples to apples comparison across the trims. (XS since added as a replacement for the first edition trim it seems). I'm not too fussed about exterior accents and what not, more concerned with the nuts and bolts of things. The other half wanted the white roof if we were to go with the blue so we did that. Those X's do look fine though, I'll not lie.

Got the off road pack, towing pack, p400 and 7 seat option (which immediately adds) air suspension and family packs. Undershield protection too as I've busted 1 oil pan in my SUV on a forest track and don't want a repeat of that. Seems a must if any sort of off-road shenanigans are planned. No white steelies possible. Sad!

Roof rack and ladder will be gotten. Those dealer accessories are all outside of the build-spec sheet so I guess the dealer will play all sorts of silly games on those. Told them I'll do the install so hopefully MSRP will be the price. Time will tell. I'll install the weather tech mats and the rear recovery loops too. The mats seem to be a really nice fit and we generate a lot of muck in my neck of the woods. A dirty SUV is a happy SUV I reckon.

Anticipated build date is mid July. Fingers crossed for a smooth process thereafter and delivery in October. Really excited for a cold, snowy, muddy winter in my new blue and white work-horse.

The following 2 users liked this post by GavinC:
Ahparke (06-18-2021), GrouseK9 (06-19-2021)
Old 06-23-2021, 07:05 AM
WMN
Three Wheeling
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

My MY2022 is finally at Brunswick.

Original dates:

Order date: 3/14/2021

Locked in date: 4/14

Build date: 5/14

Original Delivery date: 7/19

Arrived Brunswick: 6/21

Update from dealer yesterday (6/22):

New delivery date: 7/2.

I’m not yet sure about some items like, where they will be installed, what actually will be included with the build (ordered the large screen, recovery eyes…). Pick up should be interesting.

My dealer said he would go over everything with me before I drive home: test drive, update software, connect phone, etc.

Does anyone have specifics I should know/ask about before signing on the dotted line? So many topics have been covered in the threads I’m not sure what’s most important. Hopefully the test drive will not expose anything, but I’m not holding my breath.

Thanks,

WHM

Old 06-23-2021, 11:10 AM
Drifting
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WMN
My MY2022 is finally at Brunswick.

Original dates:

Order date: 3/14/2021

Locked in date: 4/14

Build date: 5/14

Original Delivery date: 7/19

Arrived Brunswick: 6/21

Update from dealer yesterday (6/22):

New delivery date: 7/2.

I’m not yet sure about some items like, where they will be installed, what actually will be included with the build (ordered the large screen, recovery eyes…). Pick up should be interesting.

My dealer said he would go over everything with me before I drive home: test drive, update software, connect phone, etc.

Does anyone have specifics I should know/ask about before signing on the dotted line? So many topics have been covered in the threads I’m not sure what’s most important. Hopefully the test drive will not expose anything, but I’m not holding my breath.

Thanks,

WHM
Maybe this is obvious to others but please check each key fob independently to ensure that they both work when you are picking it up. I didn't, so of course one of mine wasn't synched and I now have to go back to the dealer to get that taken care of.
Also, I asked for the MSRP/Monroney label to be emailed to me prior to arriving so I could check it in advance and then we walked through each of the listed items to make sure everything ordered matched during handover.
Other than that, I think installation of some items may vary from dealer to dealer, but in my case the classic mud flaps and front undershield were installed at the port and therefore incurred no additional dealer charges.

Hope everything will be great for your pick up!

The following 2 users liked this post by AliP:
bobbyz95 (07-06-2021), GrouseK9 (06-23-2021)
Old 06-23-2021, 11:26 AM
WMN
Three Wheeling
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by AliP
Maybe this is obvious to others but please check each key fob independently to ensure that they both work when you are picking it up. I didn't, so of course one of mine wasn't synched and I now have to go back to the dealer to get that taken care of.
Also, I asked for the MSRP/Monroney label to be emailed to me prior to arriving so I could check it in advance and then we walked through each of the listed items to make sure everything ordered matched during handover.
Other than that, I think installation of some items may vary from dealer to dealer, but in my case the classic mud flaps and front undershield were installed at the port and therefore incurred no additional dealer charges.

Hope everything will be great for your pick up!
Good ideas...thanks!
Especially the MSRP...would not have thought of that.

WHM