Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Pillar Flapping / Crackling noise at speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 07:51 AM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Tasman Blues

i do not have A pillar noise but very occasionally I had a crackling noise from dash area on rougher roads and at speed. I found if I gently pressed down on dash it quit. I then found if I wedged a soft firm spacer in seem to left of outboard driver air vent it stopped. Pressing in that location led me to try the spacer. Strange I know.

Old 04-14-2021, 07:52 AM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Seam-can’t spell

Old 04-14-2021, 08:56 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Attached are the pics of the journal entry.

The following 2 users liked this post by MNDefender:
PatriotDefender (04-17-2021), Tasman Blues (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 10:28 AM
Mudding
Received 91 Likes on 43 Posts

^^Excellent, thank you.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:40 AM
Mudding
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by MNDefender
Attached are the pics of the journal entry.

Can we assume these are INTERIOR pieces and not exterior trim pieces? If interior, the lubrication will no doubt solve for a good long while. If this is exterior trim they "lubricated" I would suspect that weather/washings will eventually remove/dilute the lubrication.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:01 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Did they install a rubber piece that fill up the gap between the windshield and a pillar? The wind noise on the freeway is super annoying and I am trying to see if sealing the door and filling that gap with some weather strip will help.

Old 05-09-2021, 04:56 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by dsallean
I have told my dealer that it sounds like sand hitting my windshield above the rear view mirror twice now and they say they can't replicate it. I also have the a-pillar flapping which is much louder and sounds like the part is going to fly off on the highway. The first time in for it the dealer said they couldn't replicate it of course so I took a video of it on the highway and sent it via text to my service advisor. This time they are fixing it. They were aware of the issue when I first took it in but this time they said there is a permanent fix for it and had to get in a new part and have it painted. I haven't picked it up yet but I hope this fixes it. The sand hitting the windshield will continue to annoy me and until I can figure that out.
Did you ever get that sifting sand sound fixed?

Old 05-10-2021, 10:03 AM
Drifting
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PatriotDefender
Did you ever get that sifting sand sound fixed?
Not yet, she goes back in for service next week. I have a list of sounds to have them check out.

Old 05-22-2021, 05:56 AM
Mudding

^^ updates?

Old 05-22-2021, 06:01 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by 2020Defend3r
Just got mine back this week, it was the second or third time it went in for the crackling noise from passenger side pillar (US variant). It’s completely fixed now and they resolved the rattle coming from the small thin window area above the back passenger seat (I forget what those little windows are called). The invoice just said they fixed the a pillar noise. There was no real detail. I’m thrilled it is fixed though.

When I dropped the car off the woman in the service department told me that LR was aware of the issue and working on a permanent fix but they did not have one yet though a technician would take a look and try to resolve it. I’m fairly sure they probably just added more of the tape fix they tried the first time. Again, I don’t really care so long as it works.

The only other “issues” I’ve had have been the growing pains with the software (resolved itself after updates) and I think the wipers are crap in blizzard like conditions (they cake up ice on the ends and push away from the windshield rendering themselves completely useless until I pull over and take the ice off) but thankfully the weather has begun to warm up here in Pennsylvania.
What fixed the crackling sound from passenger side A pillar? Can you post the work order?

Quick Reply: A Pillar Flapping / Crackling noise at speed