2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pivi 4.0.1 Update Released with a Bug!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2023, 12:42 PM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I had the same issue. Updated my iPhone to 16.6 and it is now fixed.

Old 08-10-2023, 01:35 PM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by johnsonmc2000
I had the same issue. Updated my iPhone to 16.6 and it is now fixed.
Lucky you.

Mine is iOS 16.6 when the issue occurred.

Old 08-11-2023, 09:54 AM
Drifting
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Since my update I think I lost the ability to show satellite map on the driver display (the display with speedometer, etc). I have it set up to have a full map display and it was satellite image the whole time until a couple weeks ago. Have been talking with both my dealer and LR headquarters. They say my data plan is still functional and maybe the update took that away, but they really don't know.
For me the Apple CarPlay connection usually happens right away when I get in, but every now and then it doesn't and I have to try to manually contact, but it says it can't find my phone. So weird. I am no tech savvy at all, so this is not easy for me to figure out.
Overall I truly adore this car and enjoy driving it so much.

The following users liked this post:
sayvillerx (01-06-2024)
Old 08-14-2023, 09:43 AM
AKS
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same issue with 4.0.1
Wireless CarPlay is gone and my iPhone only connects through bluetooth.

sayvillerx (01-06-2024)
Old 08-14-2023, 05:03 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I also have this issue. I need to try to forget the car in the phone's bluetooth settings, as I had only tried forgetting the device on the car side. I'm not optimistic though, given what I'm reading here and the fact that that car claims to be connected when this issue occurs.

Old 08-15-2023, 01:23 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,503 Likes on 1,014 Posts

4.0 downloaded ready for install about 10 days go.

Repeatedly failed to install overnight like every other OTA update.

Then the downloaded update vanished from the software update tab. Like it never happened and the same day my CEL appeared giving a P3400 error code.

Dealer of course wouldn't take 5 minutes to read the code when I brought it in. Come back in a couple of weeks. Had Autozone take care of it in no time flat for free. More top tier JLR dealership experience.

Old 08-15-2023, 05:50 AM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Quick Update on my Side

Just a quick update for you guys, the issue just vanished on its own one day.

I had nothing done.

I went for a trip outside the country for 4 days, and when I got back and started the engine; my phone connected normally without any issues.

What I took from this is that it might have resolved any issues after being parked for multiple days and going into sleep mode. It’s just my mere assumption though.

Defenderphil (11-01-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 09:13 AM
Mudding
Received 170 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm on 4.0.1 and haven't noticed those connectivity issues, other than the initial startup I had to "forget" and reconnect my phone again.

I have no noticed that the dimming of the IDD seems to be worse than before in good to medium lighting conditions now. It's not even sunset, more like 4:00pm, (plenty of light and visibility) and the dash is fully dimmed sometimes. It makes it very hard to see and happens more frequently than not nowadays. I really hope JLR fixes this soon. Seems like this should fall under a safety issue if I can't see any speedometer, warnings, etc.

Old 08-15-2023, 10:03 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamad_N
Just a quick update for you guys, the issue just vanished on its own one day.

I had nothing done.

I went for a trip outside the country for 4 days, and when I got back and started the engine; my phone connected normally without any issues.

What I took from this is that it might have resolved any issues after being parked for multiple days and going into sleep mode. It’s just my mere assumption though.
Don't be too quick to judge. I got mine working as well, but then a few days later it "connected" me back to the Smart Devices settings page.

Old 08-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Mudding
Received 156 Likes on 89 Posts

Are people still experiencing the lack of Android Auto / Apple Carplay, where you start, hit the button for Android Auto/Carplay, and it just takes you into the settings screen? I was good with 4.0.0 but the dealer updated me to 4.0.1 when I had my 2-year service done, and it's been broken since (aside from when I drove away from the dealership, naturally). If I delete my phone and re-add it, things work fine, but only until I shut it down - next restart and it's back to the "Settings" screen when I hit the Android Auto button. Bluetooth still works fine.

Quick Reply: Pivi 4.0.1 Update Released with a Bug!