Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Bulletins and Warranty Claims

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2020, 12:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Service Bulletins and Warranty Claims

Just had the truck into the dealership to get the intermittent coolant light service bulletin (SSM75004) addressed and i was also having issues with my wireless charging pad making an electronic fan whirring/clicking noise where ANY time a phone was on it, you could hear it whining. Service dept looked at it and said it wasn't "appreciably louder" than other cars they'd heard but that they'd try to get it addressed under warranty. My argument was that i have ~3 wireless charging pads at my house and none of them make noise, and the one i sit on top of in the car shouldn't either. Any noise is an unacceptable amount of noise to put up with when charging a cell phone.

They'll order the new charger monday and probably get approval for covering it under warranty, but wont know when the part will be available because they say the UK is having serious issues re: supply chain due to the new covid strains etc.

Old 12-26-2020, 01:29 PM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

Hi,

That's a new one I haven't heard about before. Any issues with it charging your phone?

I am actually having issues with the charging pad not charging my phone and it just starts the charge then stops almost immediately. It repeats every 30 seconds...

I do have a very thin case on it, that I can't imagine that it is causing any issues, but I do plan on taking the phone out and trying it again to see if the issues is still there.

Rob

Old 12-27-2020, 08:51 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

After serviced, did you stop getting the intermittent coolant warning? They were able to fix it?

Originally Posted by turf63
Just had the truck into the dealership to get the intermittent coolant light service bulletin (SSM75004) addressed and i was also having issues with my wireless charging pad making an electronic fan whirring/clicking noise where ANY time a phone was on it, you could hear it whining. Service dept looked at it and said it wasn't "appreciably louder" than other cars they'd heard but that they'd try to get it addressed under warranty. My argument was that i have ~3 wireless charging pads at my house and none of them make noise, and the one i sit on top of in the car shouldn't either. Any noise is an unacceptable amount of noise to put up with when charging a cell phone.

They'll order the new charger monday and probably get approval for covering it under warranty, but wont know when the part will be available because they say the UK is having serious issues re: supply chain due to the new covid strains etc.

Old 12-27-2020, 12:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Only put ten or fifteen miles on the car since the fix but no coolant issue any more. It’s a known problem with the coolant sensor, so I’m optimistic it’ll be resolved.

as for the charging pad, the charging was fine just the noise I’m trying to get them to fix.

The following users liked this post:
Tucker Woods (12-28-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 04:57 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by crewcabrob
Hi,

That's a new one I haven't heard about before. Any issues with it charging your phone?

I am actually having issues with the charging pad not charging my phone and it just starts the charge then stops almost immediately. It repeats every 30 seconds...

I do have a very thin case on it, that I can't imagine that it is causing any issues, but I do plan on taking the phone out and trying it again to see if the issues is still there.

Rob
I’m actually having this same problem too. Phone dings and/or lights up every minute or so like it’s started charging. It’s super annoying. I don’t even have a case on mine at all!

Old 12-28-2020, 06:17 PM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Bdcrosswhite
I’m actually having this same problem too. Phone dings and/or lights up every minute or so like it’s started charging. It’s super annoying. I don’t even have a case on mine at all!
I took the case off and it did the same thing. I tried my wifes iphone 12 pro and same issue. Both phones work on Qi chargers we have all over the house. Just a little bug that needs adressing.

Rob

The following users liked this post:
Gent of liesure (01-19-2021)