2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with heated & cooled seats......

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 09:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts
Question Those with heated & cooled seats......

Hi all,

Just for the heck of it tonight while I was driving I tried the heated and cooled seat functions to see how they felt. I expected in the cooled seat function to feel some breeze somewhere in the cushions. But what I also noticed in the heated seat function was blowing air hitting me behind my knees . There was air blowing under the bottom seat cushion towards the back of my knees/calfs regardless of whether I was using the heated seats or the cooled seats.

Can those of you with heated/cooled seats see if you feel air blowing under the bottom seat cushion towards the back of your knees?

Thanks a ton!!

Old 10-30-2021, 10:22 PM
Drifting
Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

I don’t get the breeze back of the knee thing. Just lower back and butt. Just where I want it.

Old 10-31-2021, 04:59 AM
Mudding
Received 145 Likes on 62 Posts

No, I’ve not experienced cold air behind my knees, perhaps the air source has become unattached?

Old 10-31-2021, 06:34 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 192 Likes on 113 Posts

Never felt any air blowing on my lower legs. I use both functions extensively as I'm in the Southeast where it seems to go from hot and muggy to cool and damp instantly. I also work a lot outside so after being outside for hours it is nice to get into the car and get comfortable.

Old 10-31-2021, 08:13 AM
Rock Crawling

Hmmm.....I going to have to look into this closer today. Both of my front seats do exactly the same thing. I'll update more. Thanks guys

Old 10-31-2021, 11:51 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Mine working as intended. Not seeing the issues you are experiencing.

Old 10-31-2021, 12:23 PM
Rock Crawling

So I raised both of my front seats up and with bright lights and mirror I inspected everything under both seats, nothing is out of place or messed up. In my picture I circled in red where the air is blowing from. You can see the elongated or oval-ish duct. That duct connects directly to a little round fan maybe 3" in dia. under the bottom seat cushion. This is where the blowing air is coming from. If any of you have a moment, can you raise your seat up and snap a picture of this? Greatly appreciate just to compare.

Thanks so much

Old 10-31-2021, 12:24 PM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Definitely only the buttocks and lower to mid back (I’m short). This is the same for both the heated and cooled functions, although the cooled has a more fan feel than the heat which seems more intrinsic somehow.

Old 10-31-2021, 12:42 PM
Rock Crawling

Here is the fan that is connected directly to the back of the elongated duct I circled in red above....

Old 10-31-2021, 06:01 PM
Mudding
Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Low Country
So I raised both of my front seats up and with bright lights and mirror I inspected everything under both seats, nothing is out of place or messed up. In my picture I circled in red where the air is blowing from. You can see the elongated or oval-ish duct. That duct connects directly to a little round fan maybe 3" in dia. under the bottom seat cushion. This is where the blowing air is coming from. If any of you have a moment, can you raise your seat up and snap a picture of this? Greatly appreciate just to compare.

Thanks so much
Mine looks just like that, but I haven't noticed any air blowing from that duct when the seats are set to either heated or cooled.

Quick Reply: Those with heated & cooled seats......