Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   4X4 Events and Weekend Outings (https://landroverforums.com/forum/4x4-events-weekend-outings-34/)
-   -   2019 Red Clay Rally, The Rovers are Coming (https://landroverforums.com/forum/4x4-events-weekend-outings-34/2019-red-clay-rally-rovers-coming-95194/)

ArmyRover 08-04-2019 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by stillruns (Post 698696)
The Blue Willow is funny as hell. The perfect touch, where's the Grey Poupon!

Yeah I thought the Churchill china was a nice touch to it all but most probably missed that connection

whowa004 08-05-2019 02:48 PM

If I was closer I would definitely be interested in running this. Don't think I can pull any more time off for off-roading as it stands. The disco is pretty well sorted these days but a cross country trip in it doesn't sound all that much like fun

ArmyRover 08-05-2019 03:50 PM

That's the best part the road trip there and back in your trail truck. Also never racking as hell lol

ArmyRover 08-05-2019 03:51 PM

This was just put out by Lucky8

whowa004 08-05-2019 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by ArmyRover (Post 698793)
That's the best part the road trip there and back in your trail truck. Also never racking as hell lol

in and out of the mountains in CO and Utah is nerve racking enough haha I'm sure I wouldn't have any issues especially as the altitude drops away but 20+hrs to and from trail is a little much

ArmyRover 08-05-2019 04:08 PM

Could always trailer it they allow tow vehicles to be stored at the Borla factory

whowa004 08-05-2019 04:11 PM

if they add a bunch more off pavement sections it would be more tempting. Hard to justify the cost and time if the majority of it is highway miles during the event. I'm still trying to figure out the time to drive from denver to moab with maybe 60 miles of pavement driving and most of it is just to get gas.

ArmyRover 08-05-2019 04:23 PM

Lol I hear you

cvhyatt 01-08-2020 05:55 PM

Great write up! I am looking at the 2020 one but it states "Not for novices. Would you agree or disagree?

ArmyRover 01-08-2020 06:05 PM

If you have wheeled before, have recovery gear and can follow a map you will be fine.

The more I look back on it I am most likely not going to run it again. There is a ton of highway runs and to be competitive you have to go go go. I would rather enjoy the journey as opposed to racing through it. I race through enough of my life, when I’m on a back trail taking in the grandeur of this amazing nation I would rather be able to stop and enjoy it.

I will however be setting up some overland runs for like minded rover owners that are free and fun. I leave the race through the woods to those that enjoy it.

The gauntlet was thrown down on Rovers not being able to finish. We finished just fine. I have seen posts egging rover owners on to come out to win. If you enjoy the journey you won, if you need a $500 gift card to feel validated you probably missed the point of the adventure.