Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   4X4 Events and Weekend Outings (https://landroverforums.com/forum/4x4-events-weekend-outings-34/)
-   -   Arizona Rover Owners (https://landroverforums.com/forum/4x4-events-weekend-outings-34/arizona-rover-owners-3170/)

bklahl 07-06-2006 07:53 PM

Arizona Rover Owners

Hi,

My name is Bill and I live in Queen Creek Az, just south east of Phoenix. I go off roading once or twice a month and am looking for more trucks for the trail ride. I have a 1996 Discovery SE, right now it is stock but I plan on putting a lift and locker in it. I usually go to the Box Canyon near Florence AZ. There are trails ranging from EASY to HardCore. You only have to do the trails you want. I have been going there for 8 years now and I can't get enough of the remoteness and challenging trails. If anybody wants to get there Rover dirty and maybe even a little bit of Arizona Pinstriping then post me back and we can plan a day, afternoon, or evening trip. I have a wife and a 2 year old son so bring the family and lets go.

Disco Mike 07-12-2006 04:33 PM

RE: Arizona Rover Owners

I saw your post and thought I would say Hi. I lived in the Phoenix area for 15 years and really enjoyed the trails.
I am now living in Colorado which is like dieing and go to 4wheeler's heaven.
So what sort of a lift anf lockers are you leaning towards?
Mike

quattro 07-31-2006 04:22 AM

i just bought my 02 disco and would love to meet other rover owner's from az to go offroad with. it seem's that florence has a lot of good trails from what i read. i live in the scottsdale area and am free most weekend's. get in touch with me, if you would like i know of a couple of trails outside carefree that are fun as well.

gtagg 09-07-2007 11:09 PM

Hello, I should have known Disco Mike lived in AZ. sound interesting, I live in Maricopa, Let me know where you go.
gTAGG

wooz797 02-12-2008 06:16 PM

hello there

just moved to the area and would love to run a trail or two.

bklahl 02-13-2008 03:46 AM

Hey, Wow its been over a year and a half since I've gotten a response. Where do you live in this huge city. I am in Queen Creek southeast of Phoenix. I probably go out less than I did then but I still go. I run a restaurant so my best days to go are wednesdays and thursdays, my days off.Let me know if those days are good for you.I could a least point you in the right direction tosome good places to go.

wooz797 02-13-2008 02:58 PM

I am staying in avondale, i go to the UTI campus for Volvo training. I get out of class around 1:30 throughout the week and have weekends open as well (no job yet). Im trying to find some fun intermediate trails to check out not into rockcrawling yet. I have a 99 disco totally stock not, tires are new but not for much major off road use.

thanks
Rob