4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

State Park dirt road turns into adventure, VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default State Park dirt road turns into adventure, VIDEO

So... I've driven by this State Park entrance a couple of dozen times. It clearly says "Public Entrance" and it's a dirt road. Over the weekend I was driving by and figured I'd check it out. There were no signs anywhere indicating that this road was not suitable for street cars. It started out as to be expected, smooth flat dirt road heading into the woods. Then the puddles started getting bigger and deeper. Before I knew if I was in deep sand going from pit to pit with the TC going crazy trying to keep wheels from spinning. I WAS NOT expecting this!

Note: This isn't the usual off road **** you are used too, but for a State Park dirt road, thank God I was in a Land Rover!

(ps put holiday road in honor of Clark Griswold, I mean Zach! )

Florida State Park on Vimeo

Old 05-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool nice little road tire trail

Old 05-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Winching
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I think all videos from here on in should be cut to that piece of music.. damn its flat down there.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandrew
So... I've driven by this State Park entrance a couple of dozen times. It clearly says "Public Entrance" and it's a dirt road. Over the weekend I was driving by and figured I'd check it out. There were no signs anywhere indicating that this road was not suitable for street cars. It started out as to be expected, smooth flat dirt road heading into the woods. Then the puddles started getting bigger and deeper. Before I knew if I was in deep sand going from pit to pit with the TC going crazy trying to keep wheels from spinning. I WAS NOT expecting this!

Note: This isn't the usual off road **** you are used too, but for a State Park dirt road, thank God I was in a Land Rover!

(ps put holiday road in honor of Clark Griswold, I mean Zach! )

Florida State Park on Vimeo
AY! Don't go using my name with those holidaying buffoons...they've ruined my childhood!

Old 05-30-2013, 07:57 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

I know where you're going next rain storm.

"Can't see the line, can ya Russ?"

Old 05-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

What park?

Old 05-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by coors
I know where you're going next rain storm.

"Can't see the line, can ya Russ?"
Haha and hell yes! Astute observation mr. coors, it hasn't rained here in so many weeks the man made lakes in the golf courses are almost dried up!

dr. mordo - it's here on google Earth: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=desti...&cbp=12,0,,0,0

I'll have to go take a picture of the new state park sign since google makes me look like a liar

Zach, it's all in good fun! Did you take any great pictures at wally world??

Old 05-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I see the sign, it's right there:

Oh, and while it's not offroad "****", it is definately a road that would make one nervous without a backup truck around. You never know when one of those little pits are REALLY deep! I've been in those before...

Nice Video, thanks for sharing!

Attached Thumbnails State Park dirt road turns into adventure, VIDEO-statepark.jpg  

Last edited by SuperSport; 06-01-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:56 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Wow, back in the 80s as a kid I lived off Bay Dr about 1/2 mile from your park, and my uncle still lives about 1/2 mi closer to Destin.

Small world.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb We're practically neighbors!

I'm over here in Tallahassee by the Apalachicola National Forest. I'll get it all scoped out and post some videos too. The Forest was my old stompin' grounds when I was a boy all the way through college, but it was with a little Ranchero pickup then. Time to "hunt" some challenges with my new Disco. Aucilla National Forest isn't bad either...filled with wetlands due to Aucilla and St. Marks Rivers running through the coastal plains.

Hope to meet you on the trail!

Quick Reply: State Park dirt road turns into adventure, VIDEO