Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   4X4 Events and Weekend Outings (https://landroverforums.com/forum/4x4-events-weekend-outings-34/)
-   -   Winter Romp 2019 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/4x4-events-weekend-outings-34/winter-romp-2019-a-93368/)

ArmyRover 02-06-2019 12:19 PM

Winter Romp 2019

Winter Romp is just around the corner, man time is flying. My LR3 is almost ready to roll for the 2600 mile round trip to Waterville ME for.the great time that is Winter Romp. Probably one of the oldest longest running events in the US for Land Rover lovers.

intro for details.

Hope to see you there, if you see me come up say hi and get a www.landroverforums.com sticker

stillruns 02-06-2019 05:29 PM

I cannot believe it is already here! This is an event that is on my bucket list and once again I can’t make it this year. Looking like we are going to be moving again soon but thankfully staying in the good ole’ South. I will have to enjoy it through your photos along the way there and at the event.

ArmyRover 02-06-2019 08:48 PM

Yup time sure flies. This time last year I was throwing my truck together for the trip. I started earlier this year but I'm still busy throwing land rovers together lol

ArmyRover 02-12-2019 08:25 PM

All packed up. I have to square away a few things around the house tomorrow. I should be on the road to Romp by 2pm with a little luck.

NVRover 02-12-2019 09:16 PM

I wish I was closer to Maine.

ahab 02-12-2019 09:22 PM

I wish I could go. This is (was...?) my annual ski trip weekend to Sugarbush/Mad River and to add insult to injury I’ll be only 4.5 hours away from Benton, with my Disco no less!!! This is her maiden voyage more than about an hour from home so a beat down in the high country 9 hours from home probably wouldn’t be the smartest thing I could do this weekend. So far the first 3.5 hours to New Haven CT went as smoothly as I could have hoped, and it wasn’t until I got there that a coworker from back in PA told me he was going to the Winter Romp. He and his brother-in-law will be there in a D1. They did Muddy Chef last July and I figured this ski trip would be a good shakedown for the next MC this July. Best wishes at the Romp, it looks like a blast and I’ll add that to the 2020 event list.

ArmyRover 02-12-2019 09:50 PM

It's one of the best and I think has been on going since 1987 Bruce Fowler is one of those pillars of the rover community.

Through go-fund me the money was secured to purchase 160 acres that encompasses the bulk of the winter romp trail system. The trails had previously been used through friendly neighbor agreement but now they are secure for use for many years to come.

It was simply stunning to watch the rover community raise the needed funds of $40,000 in less the 2 days time. A huge thank you is owed to Peter Voller who spearheaded the fund raiser making Winter Romp a continuing tradition.

ArmyRover 02-14-2019 10:56 PM

About 3 hours out from Winter Romp, in a hotel for the night before the final push to Waterville. Shaping up to be a fantastic year.

ArmyRover 02-15-2019 05:14 AM

Up and ready to hit the road. Quick stop for some coffee and breakfast and down the road we go!

stillruns 02-15-2019 07:04 AM

What? No pic of coffee cup on hood of LR3? UNACCEPTABLE :disco: