Appearance & Camping Set Ups Talk about your interior and exterior mods including camping and rooftop camper set ups here.

Voyager Roof Racks

Old 01-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voyager Roof Racks

Does anyone have any experience and/or opinions on these? Any recommendations for other roof rack manufacturers would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Do not buy from them, AKA "RoverRacks". Ever, unless you enjoy getting lied to, waiting a lifetime for your rack to arrive, and then getting to discover it was welded together and powdercoated with the skills of a crackwhore.

The following users liked this post:
Jonathan Dunn (02-12-2020)
Old 01-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check this one out, Bajaracks. Found this post a few weeks ago and my jaw dropped. Damn good price for the rack, designed for a roof tent. Definitely going to get it this summer...

Link: http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...-from-Bajarack

Old 01-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Street Wolf
Do not buy from them, AKA "RoverRacks". Ever, unless you enjoy getting lied to, waiting a lifetime for your rack to arrive, and then getting to discover it was welded together and powdercoated with the skills of a crackwhore.
Yikes! Say no more thank you.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by wheelgarage
Check this one out, Bajaracks. Found this post a few weeks ago and my jaw dropped. Damn good price for the rack, designed for a roof tent. Definitely going to get it this summer...

Link: New roof racks for Discovery I & II from Bajarack
I saw these. They look very similar to the Safety Devices once offered. I'll look into them thanks.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Three Wheeling

I have a garvin wilderness roof rack. Love it to death it looks great and is very convenient for camping and all. Bad clearance though... but it is a roof rack

I got it for $700 with shipping + a roof rack ladder (lucky deal). It is a great investment

Check out my photo album for the pictures of it.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the BajaRack. Looks better built and the price is way better.

I think my friend and I are going to have a go at making one. He's got a tubing bender and all the fab tools you could want. And he's one hell of a fabricator. So we'll see if we can't pull it off. I'm thinking we can probably build something close to a Safety Devices rack, except a little stronger and with flooring.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:50 PM
4wd Low

Are those Voyagers really THAT bad? I want to get a rack that can hold four driving lamps up front, doesnt add too much wind noise, is under $1K, and doesnt add too much weight.
Am I asking too much?

Old 11-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I said, I'd go with the BajaRack. Its style can't be beat for the price, unless you get an original SD rack. You could, theoretically, go with a Voyager rack, but then you'd be looking at right at $1000 to get the basic rack, unless you get it off their ebay store. And even then you'd need to add flooring to make it really usable. The BajaRack's floor bars are close enough together you'd probably do fine without flooring. And you're only looking at $965 for a brand new BajaRack.

I was originally going to go with the Voyager rack, the price didn't really bother me. The quality reports did, though, and their customer service wasn't all that great when I called them. So, then I decided to go for the BajaRack. Similar design, looks better built, and I haven't heard many complaints from BajaRack owners who had Discos, or owners who had other vehicles they make racks for. Their customer service is awesome, too. So, I decided on the BajaRack. Until my buddy and I decided to have a go at making one. If that doesn't work out, I'll still buy a BajaRack.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by aaps59
Are those Voyagers really THAT bad? I want to get a rack that can hold four driving lamps up front, doesnt add too much wind noise, is under $1K, and doesnt add too much weight.
Am I asking too much?
Sure, you could get one, and it'd work. As long as you like the look of a poorly welded and rusted within a year roof rack on the top of your truck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Voyager Roof Racks