Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

'01 Disco LE Build

Old 01-10-2018, 05:21 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

She's looking good. Love the color, love the rims, lift and new meats really set her off.

Nice find, CDL is a game changer.

Please tell me those pictures were taken months ago...because if you have green grass right now...well, that's just not fair.

Brian.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:18 AM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh, they were.. Im in dismal drought of winter just like you.... Ha

New pics soon! Just got the Roof Rack on, now im searching for lights! I think Ive narrowed it down to Hella 500/1000 Black Magics I think... Really like that blackout look.

Im still trying to find the best light for the back... Do they make a Work/Spot light that is dual purpose for the back?

Thanks,

Chad

Old 01-11-2018, 08:20 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

Last time I saw that interior was back in early 2000. Legit. Wheels too.

Land Rover Parts and Accessories from RovahFarm and all the others on this site.

The following users liked this post:
cfairless (01-16-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 08:29 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Was this the one that was for sale in north Atlanta early last year? I seem to remember seeing one like this when I was on the search for a replacement for my D1. I wanted white but something about that combo spoke to me. I ended up finding a White Kalahari instead. Something about that color, the wheels and the interior really make that one a very nice combo.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:11 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by cfairless
Oh, they were.. Im in dismal drought of winter just like you.... Ha

New pics soon! Just got the Roof Rack on, now im searching for lights! I think Ive narrowed it down to Hella 500/1000 Black Magics I think... Really like that blackout look.

Im still trying to find the best light for the back... Do they make a Work/Spot light that is dual purpose for the back?

Thanks,

Chad
Had the black magics in my cart on amazon...but, went with cheaper ones and used the differences towards a hi lift jack and recovery strap. The blacks definitely look much cooler.

I could probably do an LED cargo light for the rear, since the old "out of sight, out of mind" analogy would apply...lol.

Looking forward to pictures of the rack installed.

Brian.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:03 PM
Drifting

Dont think so. But close... I bought this one out of Asheville, NC last year... It was a little hight but had low miles (90K) and was in great shape so I bought something good to build on! :-)

Old 01-16-2018, 02:32 PM
Drifting

Here is the new rack installed. Now im looking for the right lights. Also, considering dual battery install to compensate for the additional load. I have a Tactical Rovers front bumper on the way and planning a winch install, so the additional battery is probably a good idea to start with.... Thanks for any input!

Old 01-16-2018, 02:33 PM
Drifting

Had a problem today.... On my way to the gym, I started to overheat, power steering went out, and the battery light came on... Im thinking water pump seized or belt broke... Thank goodness I was right next to a shop so I can get it checked out! Heres hoping for the best!

Old 01-16-2018, 03:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by cfairless
Had a problem today.... On my way to the gym, I started to overheat, power steering went out, and the battery light came on... Im thinking water pump seized or belt broke... Thank goodness I was right next to a shop so I can get it checked out! Heres hoping for the best!

With all systems down: it is most likely a belt. I just hope for you that the water pump did not seize and throw the belt. Good luck: hoping for the best.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:55 PM
Camel Trophy

Nice rack.

Sorry to hear about the breakdown...hopefully, it's nothing serious.

Brian.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '01 Disco LE Build